“Lovely”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Took my mum for a Mother's Day treat to this restaurant solely based on previous reviews and the look of a unique, local and independent setting. Great service and even better food. I don't live nearby, but will certainly make the effort to come back. Delicious cauliflower soup to start, even better lamb for main!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This restaurant is not advertised as nouveau cuisine dining but that is what I was served on the evening I went. The only reason that I did not complain about the food portions at the time was because it was a family birthday dinner. The starter of scallops was ordered by four out of six of us. There was obviously not enough for that many starters as I and my husband were served two tiny scallops cut in half. We should have been given the option to decide who would have scallops and for others to choose something else. They did bring us soup, not asked for ,before the starter, and I now think this was to compensate but I would rather they had been honest. I ordered a John Dory main meal and again I was served a portion most restaurants would serve as a starter. Four of us ordered cheese board with port for dessert and again there was a stock issue as I was served half that of others. When we queried this the waitress admitted she had run out of port. Again, why not be honest and offer something else instead of trying to serve short measures. The food was fine but the service I received was poor and I will not go there again as there are lots of other great places to eat in the area.

1  Thank maria w
Reviewed March 24, 2013

What a fantastic restaurant, we dined there last night for my husbands birthday. The staff were warm, welcoming yet incredibly professional giving us the right balance of attention.

The food, in particular the dessert (I can't recommend the banana fudge sponge with salted caramel highly enough) was superb and we left feeling just right, full but not uncomfortable. I'm pregnant and I was unsure what I could eat, our waitress happily asked Mark who gave me several options with the dishes in the menu. We sat next to the door and it wasn't remotely cold (and I feel the cold) despite it being freezing outside. The atmosphere was relaxing and happy.

Go now before you have to wait weeks for a table!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Just returned from another superlative Saturday Lunch at the excellent Mark@Street. The food never fails to surprise and delight. Everything is home made from the bread right through to the petit fours with taste combinations that amaze the senses. Nailsworth is a sleepy town in the heart of the cotswolds with a range of excellent dinning opportunities but Mark@Street surpasses them all.
The staff are excellent, with fantastic attention to detail ensuring that everything is as personal as possible.
I take great delight in eating at all the best Michelin restaurants I can but can thoroughly rate this up there amongst the best in the area, with such fantastic value for money quality food.
I thoroughly recommend this restaurant before it gets the attention it deserves from the restaurant critics.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We dined here last night and had a wonderful experience. From the moment the staff opened the door to welcome us, to the moment the taxi arrived to take us home - it was a memorable event. The food was superb and the knowledge of the waiting staff who talked us thought the various items on the menu was second to none. We will certainly go again and will recommend it to all our friends who appreciate wonderful food!