“Unwelcoming”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Britannia Inn

Britannia Inn
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Nailsworth
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Warm bar and dinning, friendly staff, relax and comforting!!
Warrington, Uk
“Unwelcoming”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

In Nailsworth for a girlie weekend (mixed ages - mid 30's to mid 40's) and we walked into the village for an afternoon drink. Sadly, the Britannia made us feel very unwelcome. Not able to sit at a table unless purchasing food (which if we'd been able to enjoy a drink we would have certainly wanted to eat) and lthough we were offered the upstairs to sit down, it was out of the way and left us feeling completely unwelcome. We quickly finished our (expensive!!!) drinks and made enroute to the Village Arms - completely fabulous, accomodating and welcoming. Certainly the better option of the these 2 pubs!!! Visit the Britannia again? - not likely - I like to spend my money for food or drink where its welcome!!

Visited March 2013

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“visited twice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

very good pub food been twice in about 3weeks fish and chips superb and excellent steak ciabatta evening meal very good

Visited February 2013
chelteham
“ummmm, pub? discusting service, amazing food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Can't belive I'm writing a review about a pub, but here goes!
Clean, poorly run pub in a little village called nailsworth. It's really appalling! The you order mussles and fish soup starter, OMG! Amazing! Better than any seafood I've had before?? (Pub)!! THEN, gurnard main corse, veal and venison casserole. It just got better and better!! The food JUST! Out shines the negatives!!
I can't coment on the pizzas and cheaper stuff on the menus.
Bit 10/10 on food . Everthing else is a 3/10! :( what a shame

• Visited February 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Poor service and food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I used to be a big fan of the Britannia so was extremely disappointed on my last visit.
First of all we were not welcomed into the restaurant at all, next a mistake was made on our food order, the food took an extremely long time to arrive despite the pub not being very busy at all. When my food was sent back to be corrected it arrived for a second time cold.
The service was poor, with no check backs on food, no refills on water jugs, long period of waiting before an order was taken and a cold reception.
The Britannia has certainly gone down hill in my estimations, the food is not value for money and the service is poor,

• Visited January 2013
England
“My favourite Nailsworth pub with food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

First visit 22 years ago when I first arrived In Nailsworth

Seen many changes

Now it is a lovely place to eat

Nice warm fire in the winter and lovely garden in the summer

Best pizzas