“Make the panna cotta your first choice”
Review of The Kilcot Inn

The Kilcot Inn
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Newent
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A traditional rural pub, surrounded by countryside but easy to travel to. The Kilcot was built in the 1690's and was totally derelict 10 years ago. It was bought by a local family and is still run by that family. The pub was refurbished by local craftsmen, using local materials and that ethos still continues today. Our food and drink offering is local and uses all of the produce available locally. Our juices are from the fruit farm 4 miles away and our ciders from a family firm 7 miles away. The food is all locally sourced and traceable- all of our meat comes from within a 30 mile radius. We also have an extensive vegetarian menu with vegan options. Winner of the 2017 Taste of Gloucestershire Awards Best Pub. Runner up in the Observer Food Monthly Best Sunday Lunch Category Winner of the 2017 Forester Business Awards- Best Restaurant Rooms graded 4* Gold by the AA
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We have driven past this inn many times but never stopped by. Like never getting around to visit the tourist attractions in your home town when you do we discovered a wonderful place. The bar and restaurant area are separate, but linked, so that the are interesting places to eat and drink, making a good sized area comfortable and homely. Look out for the interesting carvings and decorations. There is a good selection of beers in hand pump in the bar. (Must come back when not driving so I can test them, but they looked good). We were there as a family and had a lovely lunch, which was excellent. I won't bore you with the details. The point of this piece is the star of the show: the pan a cotta. My niece is a bit of an expert in this area and she said it was the best ever anywhere in the world - and she has travelled a lot I can tell you. Not only was it something to do with the way it tasted but also the way it wobbled!

3  Thank CambridgeWaterman

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have recently spent a weekend at the Klicot Inn near Newent Gloucester. The accomadation was excellent, clean and comfortable.The staff were all friendly and helpful. The restaurant seved excellent food with a warm atmosphere. I woiuld certainly recommend this inn.

1  Thank richardsla60
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Just stopped in for a brief snack lunch.
Clearly has had a lot of love (and money) spent on it recently - looks great.
I was really impressed with not only 3 draught ales, but also 3 draught ciders - I was only sorry this was a brief lunch-time stopover and not the time for a proper session!
Our sandwiches were fine. However, my cheddar, red onion and pesto sandwich was missing the pesto and this left it a bit dry. The waitress kindly found me some delicious chutney when I enquired and in the end, everything was fine.
So..... not quite perfect this time, but I would definitely visit again if in the area again and would would love to find out what the kitchen can do when serviing their full evening menu.

1  Thank Bourgeois_Hedonist
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was invited by a friend to attend the newly introduced Open Mic night at the Kilcot Inn recently. It being a -9 degree snowy and foggy night at a country pub in January, and not knowing its already enthusiastic support, I was expecting to be the only one turning up with a guitar and playing to a few brave locals. I was very pleasantly surprised to find it packed with people, and a heartening number of them there to join in and contribute to the well received entertainment. A wide variety of popular songs played by a friendly, totally accepting mix of 'experienced veterans' and startlingly good young talents, especially the slender guy with the dark hair playing solo with an acoustic early in the night. Easily as good a voice as you hear any time on the radio or TV, same for Sam from Hereford, who played what I think were original compositions with character and confidence. Will be definitely be going again. Cheers to staff for putting on a great night.

2  Thank Azaman1000
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Booked Christmas Day lunch here as a change from usual Christmas stress. Had a completely relaxing 3 hours with attentive staff, great food and warm friendly atmosphere. Went as a family (3 generations) and nothing was too much trouble even they were very busy. The place is full of character and well laid out both inside and out. Have eaten here before and they are definitely worth a detour to borrow a phrase!

1  Thank Rossem