“Delightful!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prema Arts Cafe - CLOSED

Prema Arts Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Fusion
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating
Description: Set in the Prema Arts Centre (a beautiful restored Baptist Chapel), you can find the Prema Arts Cafe by following the "sign posted" Prema Arts Centre, from either Dursley, Stroud or Nailsworth, to the beautiful Cotswold village of Uley.With the centre's regular theatre, music events and Art exhibitions by established and up coming artists, you will never be short of conversation or stimulation. With stunning walks close by and sites of historic and archaeological interest. The cafe provides a delicious host of fair-trade organic tea's and coffee's, fabulous cakes vegan and gluten free options made with the finest local and organic fair-trade ingredients. Soups, Panini, toasties, delightful cheese and fruit scones. Come enjoy a slice of luxury at Prema Arts Cafe
“Delightful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I went to the Prema Arts centre to see my cousin who was performing in the Flabbergast Theatre Puppet Show that was touring there that evening. Arriving a few hours in advance we went into the arts centre to discover the most delightful and colourful cafe. Service was great, staff were friendly. I was later informed that Imogen behind the counter was creator of art work on walls & "Babbits" for sale in reception! The food was AMAZING! We had lemon and sweet potato soup with delicious door step cheese toasties. Followed by fantastic millionaire shortbread and tea. In total for two courses each for two of us, with drinks it was £18! Bargain!

The show was also excellent, but I'm biased!

We had such a fantastic time, we'll be recommending Prema to our local friends!

Stroud, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I can be on my own (rarely get the chance !) meeting a friend ( I must do more of this!) or a group catch up . Its always lovely, Its not just about the Chilli hot chocolate ( yes I know the coffee is outstanding but I just have a thing for this !, or trying to resist the bakes that melt in your mind and that is before they touch your lips.
Its the atmosphere of an unhurried oasis with music rippling in the eather and sometimes a shared chat with whoever is about because its that kind of place. I guess the hosts set the mood with their friendly but non intrusive welcoming way with guests, actualy thats what you feel like ...not a customer a guest.... Now just talking about it has got me in the mood for some more ....Hmmm, now, when can I make time for a bowl of soup there next !
Love it . Ps I like the coffee card reward system too

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Banbury
“Folk Gig”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We went here to see a Phil Beer gig during our weekend in Gloucestershire. The venue is small and intimate and the gig was sold-out with an audience of no more than about a hundred. Lovely atmosphere and good acoustics.

Visited January 2013
Ledbury, United Kingdom
“Love!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

When the band Foreigner wrote " I want to know what love is", the answer is now clear... It is the Prema Arts Caffay. As much as I'm sure the proprietors will be aghast that I have included a dubious song in my review, I can assure you that any visit to see Adam and Imo will leave you feeling truly loved!

Now that I've found Prema - "I don't want to live without you".

The food is prepared lovingly at a lovely pace. Every stage of the creation of your lunch will have been performed as if it was the most important thing in the world. The coffee that is created in what is probably the world's most loved (and in my case coveted) espresso machine is special and the £1 refill tastes just as good as the first cup.

Probably the best thing, though, is that hugs are encouraged and offered freely!

Do yourself a favour and stop in for a coffee - "Say you will!"

(Author's note: I am a foreigner)

• Visited January 2013
Nympsfield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A real gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I love the atmosphere here, it has a creative, friendly and super chilled out vibe. Everything is so thoughtful from the original illustrations that adorn the cafe to the fab selection of teas, cakes coffee. Although the two big comfy sofas make it hard to leave in the winter, I have also been in the summer and with the doors open chilling out with a bit lunch in the garden is an equal treat.
Definitely my new favourite place to catch up with friends.

• Visited January 2013