“Nice Hotel”

Hampton Inn Forrest City
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Forrest City
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stopped here as the half way point on a business trip and wanted a clean and comfortable hotel and that is exactly what I got. I was a little high for what I expected considering that it is not in a large city but I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Richmond
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to Oklahoma. It wasn't a planned stay. We were tired of driving and this is where we will ended up. It was very clean. The room looked brand new. The extras like vanity supplies and a shower cap were a nice touch. Staff was nice and friendly. I highly recommend this hotel in Forrest City.

Stayed February 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Typical Hampton with exceptionally clean and comfortable rooms. Warmly welcomed and felt appreciated by staff. Appreciated "green" aspects - lighting, etc. Location is quiet and readily accessible from the interstate which we always appreciate after a long day on the road.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nashville TN
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I travel extensively across the US and our company tries to book at Hilton properties - Embassy, Hilton Garden, Doubletree and last of all Hamptons. The reason? Because we travel a lot, we want as many comforts as possible - a good workout room, decent breakfast, a decent store in the hotel, etc. Unfortunately, at Hampton Inns, while the rooms are generally nice, the fitness center is usually nothing more than a glorified closet and breakfast.....well, I'm not sure of what chemicals were used in the making.

Well, let me tell you; Hilton needs to send every Hampton owner or manager to the Forrest City location to see how it's done correctly.

The staff were genuinely glad to see us. The lobby and breakfast area was very nice. The rooms? I must say the rooms were the largest and nicest of any Hampton I've stayed in from Washington DC to Portland Oregon.

The fitness center had free weights with room to actually use them. And medicine balls and a mat or two. Excellent!

Best of all for us was the real food at breakfast. We were ready to go find a local restaurant to get breakfast but stopped in the breakfast area for coffee. What pleasant surprise to find real hard boiled eggs; fresh fruit sliced and nicely arranged; not some canned combination. The bacon was real! Decent thickness. The nice lady taking care of the area was very attentive and seemed to love her position and the guests.

What a pleasant surprise to find this in a small town off I-40!

Seriously, Hilton take notice - this is how you run a Hampton!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the suites if available. Worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Nashville, United States
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Although the room is labeled as non-smoking it had a terrible saturated smoking smell. The fixtures and overall condition of the room was poor, it was in need of renovation. The room was clean and the staff did what they could considering the circumstances. The owner needs to update the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Adam C
Lynn E, Manager at Hampton Inn Forrest City, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
On behalf of the management and staff of our hotel I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us.
I was disappointed to learn that you had an uncomfortable stay with us and that you were not satisfied with your stay. We are now a 100% non-smoking hotel. Unfortunately, as much as we try to monitor this, we sometimes cannot control if a guest chooses to smoke in their room without our knowledge. However, I can very much empathize with your dissatisfaction and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Please be assured that your valuable comments will be shared with my team as we continue to strive to improve upon our offerings.
Thank you once more for your review and we do hope that we may welcome you again at our hotel.
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I had never heard of Forrest City before stopping at this Hampton while on a long-distance car trip. I chose the hotel merely because it was a logical stopover point on our route, and I'm glad I did. We'll happily stop here anytime we're passing through the area again. We've learned to expect certain things from Hamptons: a spacious, clean room with excellent bedding that permits a sound, restful sleep, a friendly and helpful staff, and a decent breakfast that gets us back on the road refreshed and ready for more hours on the highway. This Hampton didn't disappoint in any way. But it also provided one of the best breakfasts we've enjoyed at any Hampton Inn. The manaqement here obviously takes their "hot breakfast" claim seriously: we enjoyed real scrambled eggs (none of the powdered pellets some Hamptons favor), bacon, and hash brown potatoes, plus make-it-yourself waffles and the customary assortment of cold items and fruit. The lady tending the breakfast bar was seldom out of sight and her warm smile only helped the pleasant experience. Well done!

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground floor room, but if there were any bothersome noises, we certainly didn't h...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Lynn E, Manager at Hampton Inn Forrest City, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit such positive comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your response will serve as encouragement to all of our staff, as we strive to continously improve the quality of our services. We look forward to seeing you again if you are ever in the Forrest City area. Thank you.
Nashville, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Having stayed at this Hampton many different times over the years, I find that it is well maintained and a dependable location for a good relaxing stop. I travel in business and this location is one of my regular Hotels when I'm in the area. Parking with safe lighting and the high quality of a Hampton Inn you expect.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your positive review and we are pleased that you stay with us regularly. We look forward to being able to continue to provide you with the service you've come to expect from the Hampton here in Forrest City.