“Room looks like motel six”

Hampton Inn Forrest City
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Forrest City
little rock arkansas
“Room looks like motel six”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Probably the cheapest looking Hampton I've seen. Popcorn ceilings, cheap plastic tub enclosure, overall lack of nice design. On the other hand it has a fridge & a microwave. Some Hamptons are pretty nice. The developer of this one spared no effort to spare his expense. Front desk nice guy.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank jimjade3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
U.S.
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Easy access to I-40, very quiet. The room seemed to be fully renovated, and we didn't run into any of the problems some other travelers mention here (i.e. stale cigarette smell, scuffed walls, or anything of the kind). Photos attached. Clean carpet and furniture, excellent AC, great bed. Microwave and fridge in the room. The building is older than many other Hamptons, but the room we got was very clean and comfortable, we enjoyed it. No complaints about the service. Decent swimming pool.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Traveler0987654321
dallas,tx
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This hotel is conveniently located off I40 far enough away that highway noise was not an issue. In fact the place was pretty quiet and we had no complaints about noise. But it is an older, 2 story Hampton that seems to be going through incremental improvements. It just seemed that the pace of the improvements was not sufficient to keep up with the pace of the use of the place. The hotel is completely non-smoking but our room smelled noticeably like years of stale cigarettes. There was a burn hole in the couch so it's possible the smoke free policy wasn't strictly enforced. The room definitely could use a paint job as the walls were heavily scuffed. The carpet was not threadbare and even may have been recently replaced, but it was very drab to the point of looking dirty, yet our bare feet did not have the characteristic blackness that we see at some hotels with old carpets. It was definitely heavily soiled in the one small elevator off the lobby. Outlets in the room were in short supply and internet access was highly variable but often slow. Sofabed was not comfortable even by sofabed standards as there was a raised bar exactly halfway down right where your back would be. Lying sideways like an "L" helped. The breakfast bar was pretty standard Hampton fare but there were cookies out in the afternoon when we arrived.

There are signs that they are trying to improve the place. They were resealing the parking lot for example. They did have plenty of luggage carts. Be careful if you have to push your full luggage cart up the front entrance ramp - it's got a noticeable slope to it that requires an extra push to get the cart up. Using the sidewalk to get to our car wasn't an option since the way vehicles park makes the remaining sidewalk space too narrow to get the cart through.

We would probably stay here again in the future, but with lower expectations than we have for other Hamptons. We had a great dinner at the Ole Sawmill Cafe, a sort of lower budget version of Cracker Barrel but with good food. The address says it is right off Washington St, but in fact it is set back from the road behind a gas station on the west side of the road, so you'll need to watch out for it.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DallasDad
Razorbackland
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We had to go to a funeral in the area, and had to book last minute. Truly for this area, I thought it was too expensive, but you have to be careful where you stay, so I went ahead and booked. It was a very nice Hampton Inn. The staff was friendly and helpful. I even had to request a late check out, and they were willing to extend the time for 30 minutes, which was perfect.
The continental breakfast was nice, as was the person setting it up to make sure that it remained fresh and well stocked.
I would stay here again, if I had to stay in Forrest City again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Fayettenam
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Let me state up front that this review is not based on having actually stayed at this motel, the reasons for which will become apparent below, although it is based on a firsthand in person experience with it. My family of nine had been traveling all night trying to get to a family wedding in Georgia and were exhausted when we pulled up to the place at about 5:30 a.m. We just wanted to find a place to sleep for about five hours and then get back on the road. Now, mind you, I knew that there was a good chance that there would be no availability, which is why the first thing I said to the desk clerk was, "Do you have any vacancies?" The manager and another clerk were present. When I explained our situation, the clerk began to say that they might have something they could work out, but the manager butted in and said they have to vacancies and that they never have any vacancies, his attitude and manner conveying the clear implication that he was really saying something like, "How stupid are you, thinking that we could possibly have vacancy at this hotel on that kind of short notice? Don't you realize that we are always fully booked? How impertinent of you!" Keep in mind that this was in a VERY small town on a weekday morning. I was prepared for the disappointment, but not the "&%# you" attitude. There was no "I'm sorry; I wish we could help you, but....", no empathy, no courtesy, just coldness and arrogance. I wasn't mad when I went in, and fully expected not to get a room, but I was angry when I left. I didn't try to persuade them to do anything. I just would have appreciated some basic human understanding and courtesy, especially from someone who makes a living relating and offering a service to the public. But I guess since they were sold out, they didn't care what my impression or experience were. I offer this story because I believe it is relevant to the quality of service and experience which this hotel is likely to offer to anyone whose needs don't fit into the ordinary routine of checking in and checking out. That type of person will likely perceive no problem. But I would advise all others to steer clear of a place so devoid of the true spirit of service, which after all is the indispensable ingredient in a worthwhile hotel experience.

Room Tip: Just say "no" to staying at this place.