“Would've rather slept in my car.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sunrise Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Forrest City
Sunrise Inn
You added Sunrise Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Forrest City
Humble, Texas
“Would've rather slept in my car.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

We stayed here overnight while driving from Ohio to Texas. I reserved the room online for 2 adults and 2 small children. I chose this hotel because it had a pull out sofa, free wifi, and a breakfast bar. When we arrived to the hotel, the front desk clerk couldn't find our reservation. She said they have had problems with their computer system. She was able to give me the type of room I had requested at a bit of a lower rate than quoted online. I asked about a crib (I had requested that in my online reservation) and she said they didn't have them....that made for an interesting night with a baby!

When we pulled around the building to find our room, I was surprised to see that part of the hotel was under construction. This should be advertised online. When we opened our room, we were greeted with a musty, stinky smell. The room was spacious, the furniture was out-dated and dirty. We were supposedly in the Business Place Suite....there was nothing 'suite' about this room. I opened the sofa bed for my 4 year old, only to find a cheap, dingy matress (no sheets, no pillows could be found in the room). I went to the front desk to ask for more pillows and bedding for the sofa bed and was told they didn't have any extra pillows. There were FOUR pillows total in the room, with sleeping arrangements for up to 6. The clerk gave me a flimsy gross blanket with holes in it and a stained sheet for the sofa bed. The carpet was disgustingly dirty. I gave my kids a bath and within 10 minutes their feet were black from the carpet.
The breakfast bar in the morning has a lot to be desired... we had our choice of two types of cereal, bananas, bagels, biscuits, or a danish.

This room was supposedly a comfortable, clean, relaxing suite...perfect for business or pleasure....I found it to be none of the above. I paid $68.99 for the night and that was way too much. I probably would've been better off at the cheapest motel in town. Had I not been in the car for 13 hours, I would've found somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank CindyB79

Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

Got in late and woke up to no hot water at 6am. When I went to complain Patel at the front desk no longer spoke english. If a dirty room and a cold shower is your flavor your at home.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank txgooser

Travelers are raving about these Forrest City hotels

Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

Those other reviews must have been in another world or employees. This place is under renovation and the room we had is a dump. It was not clean and the rate we were quoted over the phone "wasn't available" when we arrived. Tried to charge us more until we insisted on talking to her supervisor. Then a room was available. There is a gap in the side of the door that allows bugs and mosquitoes. Kind of like camping out. Last time here for this place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Benton, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

I was informed of this motel through a friend who had recently been staying with the facility. My stay was absolutely great! The staff was friendly and very attentive. Any questions that I had they answered quickly and professionally!! I would definitely recommend this motel to someone I know and will be staying in the future!! The rooms were clean and quiet and the price was very affordable.

• Liked — The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

I had to attend a funeral in Arkansas and chose to stay at the Forrest City Days Inn. What a bomber. We checked in Friday night, August 8, 2008. The room next door to us had a party all night long. There had to be approximately twenty or more people in the room. I called down to the front desk to voice my complaint. The attendant showed little concern. I asked if security could go to the room, no security. The next morning, we could still hear all the commotions of people entering and exiting the room. We were even awakend by one of their vistiors, at 7 a.m., they had the wrong room number.

I then decided enough was enough. I went to the front desk to voice my concerns, again, about what happened Friday night. The attendant told me that if my stay was that bad, I should had checked out in the middle of the night. Then she proceded to tell me, that I should had contacted the local police myself. It was very disheartening to see lack of concern from the attendant.

I asked for the mangager, the manager was out of town.
Then asked for a corporate number, she would not give it to me. I had to search in the phone book for the number. I was on hold for twenty minutes before I could talk to someone. I voiced my complaint to the customer service representative, got me no where. Sending a certified letter to CEO. Doubt if they respond!!!!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Lack of concern for customer
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

Mosquitoes, mosquitoes, mosquitoes-can't go outside at night, unfriendly desk clerk, lots of noise.

• Liked — large room
  • Disliked — mosquitoes
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008

Clean well kept property. No loud traffic noises but very close to I-40. We had no problems at all.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family