“decent dor the price”

Americas Best Value Inn Forrest City
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Forrest City
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The room was clean enough for me to stay. A couple of towels had stains but the sheets were clean. There was hair on the sink from shaving. If you're staying at the building on the hill and you need internet you'll have to use the Days Inn WiFi which requires a password. I had to ask for it at the check-in.
For breakfast I only had coffee which unfortunately was awful.
But overall it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Vatrenn A

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed here in mid-July. My room was nicely furnished and enjoyed having a larger size mini-fridge with a working freezer. However, there were several maintenance issues, such as a broken glass pane, nail heads popping out of the ceiling and lack of caulking around the sink vanity. The outdoor pool looked like the tiles around the water's edge needed to be scrubbed and the chairs needed to be cleaned, but the kids didn't seem to mind! Breakfast was very good - choice of juices, breads, cereals and working waffle maker.
A decent motel for the cost.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Monlday
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We always stayed at ABVI, so far we had success at all of their properties. On our way to OKC, we stopped in Forrest City because this exit looked live. Easy to find from Interstate, Check-In process was quick as well as Check-Out. Wifi Worked great for us, just had to called the front desk for the passcode. Breakfast was good enough, consisted of waffles and gravy along with other small things. The rooms looked like it was recently remodeled, I like their furniture and the beds were great, fell asleep right away. The rates were good, we typical would not pay beyond $60, since we just need clean place to stay at great price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sandra m
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We were here 2 weeks ago and this property is a gem. After rate shopping this hotel beat out all of the hotels in the area. We just need something clean and good beds at an affordable rate compare to $60 and above in the area. Our reservation was for 2 beds, check-in process was quick and easy. Our room had 2 queen size beds, I liked their new furniture and a love seat sofa was great to relax into. And beds were great slept like a baby! Ms Ellen who was working in the morning took care of us with the breakfast, it consisted of Waffles, biscuits and gravy and danishes etc.. Will def. come back and we will try another ABVI, hopefully it will be great as this one was.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Nick J
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I got married last year 2011, and me and my family stayed here during that weekend. This year my husband and I got a transfer, with his work and have moved to another state, I decided to stay here again and I stayed last month, the place has new carpet, still smells good, and the office staff really took care of me, I then decided to stay 3 more night,2 weeks later as we close the sale of our house, and finish moving our stuff. They have a warm breakfast, biscuits and gravy, waffles,cereal,juice,coffee, milk,etc. I would definantly stay here again, the price for a room was cheap and the place was clean!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Robbin C
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We had room 110 with double beds and liked it overall: No smoking odor, new carpet, good furniture, bed, and bedspread. We save $30 compared to Super 8 next door. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tracy N
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This was fine for a one-day stay. It was obvious that some upgrades (specifically furnishings) were fairly recent. But the room we were in had problems with the bathroom door handle. When we closed the door, we had great difficulty getting out! It's a good thing there were 2 of us. We "fixed" the problem by forcing toilet paper into the molding where the lock engaged. I let the clerk know about the problem at check-out time, so hopefully this will get fixed.

Breakfast was not so good. There was nothing warm other than coffee and hot water (which wasn't really hot enough to make decent oatmeal or tea). There were 2 varieties of cold cereal...probably the best choice of what was there. There was no cream for the coffee...only powdered creamer and milk left out for the cereal.

This is not a place I'd choose again.

Room Tip: You might get an OK room, but not an OK breakfast.