“Worth a stop”

Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth a stop”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We so enjoyed this restaurant that it has become our reason to stop over at Forrest City when we drive I-40 through Arkansas. It is downtown, less than 2 miles from exit 241, in a beautifully restored old building, and is an obvious favorite among the locals. The food was very good and service was even better. I accidentally left my jacket behind, and the restaurant owner got my name off the credit card receipt and called around until he found our motel, then drove it to the motel and left it for me at the front desk! These are good people. [NOTE: Mallards Grill is now at 520 East Broadway. Telephone 870-630-0583]

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Susan T

Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
“Great food and atmosphere made for an enjoyable experience”
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

This place is a hidden gem. Food was great with a happy and smiling staff.
Steak was cooked perfect and fried mushrooms were amazing.
A "bar" in the back was small but well stocked for any drink that our large party ordered.
Tea was fresh and actually had a true tea flavor.
The only drawback was the fact they ran out of dessert.

Greenbrier
“Could be a great place”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I really thought this would be a classy place. It has potential. I expected the servers to look nice but they had on shorts and tshirts that did not match. They are nice and friendly. The food was ok but nothing special. My husband's steak was over cooked. Our baked potato was hard not soft. I got the fried shrimp and it was 6 small shrimp. We ordered the lemon iced box pie and it was the worst I have ever tasted. It had no lemon juice, way too sweet and no topping on it. The server said it didn't look too great so she did not charge us for it but I couldn't eat it at all. We had a small roll that was not hot. If they would put cloth table clothes on the tables, wear some type of polo shirts w/pants and improve the food, this place would be nice. It is in an old building that is a classic. Also they play a radio station during the meal instead of soft music.

• Visited August 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Food okay but had good entertainment”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We have eaten here twice. Steaks are average but service good. The last time here there was a band Cade Sarah Hughes Band. About 30 eople there, but music solid and crowd enjoyed. They do have liquor and not over rices.

Visited June 2012