“Heart Attack”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Forrest City
San Antonio, Texas
“Heart Attack”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

What kind of crazy person places a full length mirror on the outside of the bathroom door? Twice last night I almost had a heart attack going to the bathroom. I thought a strange, yet oddly familiar man, was in our room.

The room was very clean, the check-in was quick and friendly, the king size bed was comfortable, there was highway noise but not enough to inhibit sleep. The chair with ottoman was very nice, probably new; the desk chair was like Jack Lemmon in Glenn Gary Glenn Ross, old, tired, and probably should be replaced.

Bottom line this couple would stay here again if our travels took us this way.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Texsox

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Oxford, Ohio
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed in this hotel while driving one of my families cars from Massachusetts to Arizona. I was 18 traveling solo (something I like to do). Prior to coming to Forrest City I had no trouble checking in at hotels in Pennsylvania and West Virginia.

I come into this hotel and showed my ID and gave a credit card. The initial clerk (a man) seemed somewhat confused and told me he couldn't admit me unless I was 21. I asked for a clarification and this individual gave me a confused answer claiming there was a "law" in Arkansas that prevented it (a statement I researched extensively and believe is utterly untrue). I asked to speak with a manager and ended up talking to the women manager (who's name I forgot!). She initially said they couldn't let me check in, but I protested a bit more and explained that I had no trouble in WV and PA. Eventually she let the check-in go forward (thank god for her!). She also told me that she used to travel solo at 18 and had lots of trouble with hotels "in the south" but thought they were usually better in other parts of the country. My best guess about what happened here: the owner had a policy against admitting guests under 21. The first guy was confused and told me something untrue and the manager overrode his decision for whatever reason. Conclusion: If you are one of the small population of people traveling solo under 21 don't stay here.

The rooms were fine. I complained about some water that came in under the door and made the carpet soggy. Honestly if the check-in had gone smoothly I wouldn't have cared.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Springdale
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The Hotel was very good and the breakfast was good and hot. Welcome was very warm, will be returning soon. Enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Edward P
Carmel
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Room was clean, bed comfortable, nice chair with ottoman. Desk chair was broken making you sit awfully low to work on your computer, but overall the room was nice and convenient being able to park right out front. Nice restaurant attached for Breakfast and Dinner.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

#8 of 11 in Forrest City
Colony Inn
Colony Inn
#6 of 11 in Forrest City

Been to Days Inn Forrest City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Forrest City

Property: Days Inn Forrest City
Address: 200 Holiday Dr, Jct I-40 And State Highway 1 North, Forrest City, AR 72335-9112 (Formerly Holiday Inn Forrest City)
Location: United States > Arkansas > Forrest City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Forrest City
Hotel Class:3 star — Days Inn Forrest City 3*
The Days Inn Hotel Forrest City is the only full service hotel in the area. We are located at exit 241B off I-40, between Memphis and Little Rock. Our property is nestled on beautiful Crowley's Ridge amidst landscaping lush with flowers and trees. We are located near several businesses Sanyo, Airthem, and Boars Head. They are only minutes away. We are also fifteen minutes away from Muller and Addison located in Wynne. Village Creek State Park is just 15 minutes away showcasing 7000 acres of beautiful hardwood trees which show a myriad of colors in the Fall. Two lakes are stocked for fishing. Kids can paddleboat, feed the ducks, or play on one of several playgrounds. This is fun for the whole family.The Days Inn Forrest City knows all guest are top priority. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Forrest City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Forrest City Hotel Forrest City