“Stop Every Year” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Forrest City

Days Inn Forrest City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Holiday Drive, Jct I-40 And State Highway 1 North, Forrest City, AR 72335 (Formerly Holiday Inn Forrest City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Forrest City
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Stop Every Year”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I have stopped at this Days Inn each year since we've been passing through Arkansas. Once again we found it to be clean & reasonable priced. Our room was facing the highway which was a bit noisy, but didn't disturb our sleep. The internet service is the biggest criticism. It was necessary to log again & again. We ate at the Mexican restaurant which we found convenient & also reasonably price. The food was good. The breakfast is a la carte with a credit issued from the hotel. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
UNIVERSITY CITY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The hotel was inexpensive, clean, and had working internets. We ate at the "Mexican" restaurant. Dinner was pretty good, but don't expect "real" Mexican food. The breakfast menu was a lot more "American" than the dinner menu-but good. From talking to the staff, they used to serve a more "authentic" menu, but had to adjust it to the locals and the travelers staying at the hotel.

One thing that struck me about this hotel is that the outside looked like the Holiday Inn at the end of the movie "Poltergeist". (I saw the movie as a child, so it has stuck with me for thirty-something years.) I kept thinking of the part where the dad tosses the TV out onto the balcony. Nonetheless, after a long day on the road with a two and four year-old, I didn't lose any sleep over the movie resemblance.

All in all, a good place to stay for the money.

Room Tip: There's no elevator, so ask for the first floor if you find stairs to be challenging. The court...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SUKUL B
Greenbrier
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have stayed here a lot and it is a great price but the internet is not good. We stayed in room 118 this time. The internet was very slow at first but then it was gone. I finally got so frustrated cause I needed to work. I called the front desk and was told to call the Internet Provider! You have got to be kidding! I finally did and after spending over 15 minutes with someone in Texas, no luck! So I went to the front desk and was told yes they have problems and that the owner is under a long term contract so they are stuck. She offered to move me so I had to load up all our stuff and move it to another room. The internet worked in this room better but it is not the best. Also, our frist room was not as clean as in the past. There was hairs on the tub and floor when we checked in. They need to bleach the grout in the bath area. The beds are pretty comfortable but some of the heating/air units need an overhaul.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a good internet signal if you need internet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank preach7
Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are clean. Some of the cleanest "pet rooms" I've stayed in. Comfortable beds. Friendly and helpful staff. The walls aren't the most sound proof. We could hear people walking on the balcony corridor. 10$ coupon to attached resturant is a nice bonus. Food was ok.

• Stayed January 2013
Colony Inn
Colony Inn
#10 of 12 in Forrest City
3.0 of 5 stars 73 reviews

Been to Days Inn Forrest City? Share your experiences!