We recently hosted a 50th birthday celebration at The Wheatsheaf Inn for 8 couples including afternoon tea, a cocktail reception, a fabulous black tie dinner in the private dining room and a casual brunch the next day with the best Bloody Mary's ever. It was a truly fantastic weekend where everything was just perfect. We had pre-assigned our guests' rooms to cater for invidual preferences for baths and showers remembering that some of the rooms have bath tubs actually in the rooms. Everyone loved their rooms, all beautifully and individually decorated in tasteful greys although a few of the girls were bemused by the lack of wardrobes and bemoaned the lack of a decent sized mirror in the bedroom. The complimentary nuts, crisps and chocolate came in very handy however! Our dinner in the private dining room was fantastic and we were well taken care of by Tess who was with us to the very end of our evening at 1.00am! The room has the benefit of a Sonos music system, so with two aspiring DJs in our party, we had a riotous evening of impromptu dancing to songs from our youth! The food was excellent and, having gaps between the courses to allow for speeches, was not a problem. We had brought a bottle of port, which had been a gift, and Peter had immediately offered to decant it for us earlier in the day. The following day we all met for brunch once again in the private dining room. I thought it was a little chilly and a fire was immediately lit before our guests arrived. Great food and the best Bloody Mary's ever ended a perfect birthday celebration. Prior to the weekend, I was a bit concerned about the lack of communication with the pub. There wasn't one point of contact and e mails often went unanswered for days. However, my fears were unfounded and everything went of beautifully and in great style. The Wheatsheaf Inn may be a bit laid back for some but they have a formula that clearly works. As we left, Jeremy told us that they were once again full that evening, even on a Sunday! We look forward to another visit very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheatsheaf Inn sits in the heart of the beautiful sleepy Cotswold village of Northleach. A traditional coaching inn with 14 bespoke bedrooms, blending a traditional coaching inn with modern luxuries. All have the key ingredients for a good night's sleep with beautiful cotton linens by Three Thieving Magpies, Hypnos beds and power showers complete with heavenly-smelling, organic and naturally scented bath salts and lotions from 100 Acres. The Wheatsheaf boasts a topnotch wine list, great beer and excellent seasonal food, locally sourced from only the best producers in either the neighboring counties or UK, we scour the British Isles for the freshest coastal Oysters and seek out the tastiest local game shot by our friends and customers. In the warmer months enjoy our blossom-filled garden, or in the winter snuggle up by the fire after a treatment in our secret haven outside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Wheatsheaf Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheatsheaf Hotel Northleach
- Wheatsheaf Northleach
- The Wheatsheaf Inn Cotswolds/Northleach