We booked up with The Wheatsheaf inn via the usually reliable Mr and Mrs Smith, however this was the first slip up.
1) On arrival, it's difficult to figure out exactly where you need to go to check in. For any future guest information, you need to go to the bar.
2) No tea/coffee making facilities in the room! Unfortunately when we requested tea and coffee to be delivered to our room it did not show.
3) The room was also extremely cold when we arrived, all the radiators were off. Luckily we were able to turn the dial to 5 and wait patiently for the room to heat up.
4) We were told there was sky movies in the room, but there was not.
5) They kindly provide crisps and choccies on arrival and bottles of water. When our room was serviced the following day the empty crisp packet was still on the tray (there is no bin in the room), the water was not replaced and no sign of any more choccy! Not impressed.
6) The bathroom was not cleaned when the room was serviced.
7) We stayed in room 1, apparently an excellent room, we would beg to differ. The noise level was quite disturbing as it very close to the hall leading down to the bar.
8) They do not allow/offer breakfast in bed, also if you want a full english it is not included within the breakfast.
9) We were pretty tired after our first full day in The Cotswolds and we really just wanted to order some room service for dinner but we were told this was not possible.
1) The food was amazing! We ate in the restaurant both evenings and it was truly faultless, compliments to the chef!
2) The bath in the room was superb, huge and water was hot.
3) B and O TV is a bonus in the room with SKY TV.
4) Location, the Cotswolds is beautiful and there are so many wonderful places to see nearby that our disappointing experience at The Wheatsheaf Inn did not spoil our visit to this stunning part of the World.
We did call down to the reception to make a complaint about the condition of the room and 1 hour later we were told they could send house keeping up but by this time we had rinsed the bath and did not really want to be disturbed.
We certainly did not feel that we received value for money for the 2 days that we spent at The Wheatsheaf Inn and hope that this was just a one-off for them as we did read so great reviews prior to our visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheatsheaf Inn sits in the heart of the beautiful sleepy Cotswold village of Northleach. A traditional coaching inn with 14 bespoke bedrooms, blending a traditional coaching inn with modern luxuries. All have the key ingredients for a good night's sleep with beautiful cotton linens by Three Thieving Magpies, Hypnos beds and power showers complete with heavenly-smelling, organic and naturally scented bath salts and lotions from 100 Acres. The Wheatsheaf boasts a topnotch wine list, great beer and excellent seasonal food, locally sourced from only the best producers in either the neighboring counties or UK, we scour the British Isles for the freshest coastal Oysters and seek out the tastiest local game shot by our friends and customers. In the warmer months enjoy our blossom-filled garden, or in the winter snuggle up by the fire after a treatment in our secret haven outside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HRS, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Wheatsheaf Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheatsheaf Hotel Northleach
- Wheatsheaf Northleach
- The Wheatsheaf Inn Cotswolds/Northleach