“What an amazing hidden GEM in Harwich very impressed A*”
Review of The Crown Post

The Crown Post
Ranked #13 of 44 Restaurants in Harwich
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'm really impressed with this hidden gem in Harwich. I thought I was in Lavenham. It has beautiful character of old wooden beams and yet a modern twist. . I went for a lunch time meal which was very reasonably priced for a generous portion size. I would definately recommend.The staff were very attentive and well presented I will be returning in the near future.5 star restaurant and service. Thank you

Reviewed January 20, 2013

very good food, considering outside was snowing and crown post is an extremely old building, was half expecting to get cold, but place was warm as toast.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I recently had an evening meal at this hidden gem of a restaurant. The quality of food was excellent and at such a reasonable price! The restaurant itself is upstairs and is spacious with a high timbered roof. The staff were friendly and helpful which just added to the whole experience. We couldn't fault it.
We'll be back!

1  Thank RustyHarwich
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We called to book a last minute table on Saturday 5th January, the restaurant was very accommodating and by moving tables around they were able to seat the four of us in their beautiful restaurant upstairs. The building is incredibly old and has been recently restored to a high standard, leaving enough of the old wood and beams to give the place warmth and character. The warmth extended to the staff who were obliging and attentive. The food was good wholesome and fresh cooked using local seasonal ingredients and it didn't break the bank. We will be back......

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have just had lunch at this gorgeous restaurant and can only praise the staff, the chef and his food. The fish was super fresh and my chicken was moist and packed with flavour. Portions are generous ( particularly the chocolate mousse!) and there was a good range of dishes on the menu. But most of all it is a fabulous venue where the staff are helpful and the ambiance is just right!