“Great authentic food, service that is second to none!”

Thai Up At The Quay
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Harwich
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Warm welcome awaits you at Thai up at the Quay. Authentic Thai food is cooked fresh to order using only the best ingredients. Opened in 2008, housed in a 17th Century building it is located in the heart of old Harwich, 100m from The Quay. Providing comfortable dining for small and large groups in the evenings and Private Parties at any time by arrangement. Reservation recommended. Closed Sundays & Mondays.
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Went out for a quiet meal with some friends, and could not have had a better evening! As lovers of Thai food our expectations were high, but We were not disappointed. The menu was exceptional and each digs was executed with care and the staff could not have done more for you. I would recommend this place to anyone feeling peckish!

1  Thank Charlotte K

Reviewed February 24, 2013

What fabulous food, all cooked without msg and with the freshest and best ingredients. That would be nothing however, without the deft touch of Pom in the kitchen and the delightful attention of Andy out front.
The place, a centuries old pub, has been beautifully restored/converted into a very pretty dining room in Harwich old Town, near to the quay.
Having avoided the dry and tasteless chicken sate in every oriental restaurant for years, I tried Pom's version and boy, what a difference. It was superb.
My wife had the Tom Yum soup with mushrooms to start with, and again it was faultless. We followed up with the most delicious chicken dish with bullet chillies and a superb "jungle curry" with beef. The jasmine rice was fluffy and fragrant and with a plentiful supply of iced water and superb Thai wines by the glass (or bottle) we could not have been happier.
Do yourselves a favour and Thai Up at the Quay, you won't regret it

2  Thank GourmetEssex
Reviewed February 19, 2013

What a wonderful place!! We were visiting from San Francisco and happened to walk past this restaurant and sure glad we decided to have dinner here! Andy and Pom were such a delight! The restuarant is absolutely beautiful inside and the food was FANTASTIC! We ordered the Geang Garee, Phad Preow Wan, and Phad Mee...DELICIOUS! Can't wait to come back and eat at this restaurant again!

1  Thank Tara C
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have been here a good few times now and every time I could not fault a single thing!! Was greeted and made to feel so welcome. Nothing was rushed, the service is excellent. The front of house man helps you with the menu and will go through any thing you don't understand. Such a lovely relaxed evening and the most tasty delicious food!! I'd give it more than 5 Stars if I could!!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I know very well the Thai food, i went in Thailand for three times travelling around with my backpack. This was the second time at Thai Up and the food is really really good and fresh. The owner is really amazing, really gently like the Thai people. I try my favourite dishes that is the Tom Yam Soup... WOW, amazing exactly the same flavour, taste, etc... I'll be back for sure next time that i'll be in Harwich.

2  Thank Pippi2009