“Original Thai food”

Thai Up At The Quay
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Harwich
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Temporary closed from April 23rd due to renovation. Reopening on Thur 18th May. A Warm welcome awaits you at Thai up at the Quay. Authentic Thai food is cooked fresh to order using only the best ingredients. Opened in 2008, housed in a 17th Century building it is located in the heart of old Harwich, 100m from The Quay. Providing comfortable dining for small and large groups in the evenings and Private Parties at any time by arrangement. Reservation recommended. Closed Sundays & Mondays. NB. Closed for internal Renovations 24th April - 18th May 2017
Trezzano sul Naviglio, Italy
“Original Thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I know very well the Thai food, i went in Thailand for three times travelling around with my backpack. This was the second time at Thai Up and the food is really really good and fresh. The owner is really amazing, really gently like the Thai people. I try my favourite dishes that is the Tom Yam Soup... WOW, amazing exactly the same flavour, taste, etc... I'll be back for sure next time that i'll be in Harwich.

2 Thank Pippi2009

UK
“Friendly atmosphere with great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Such a friendly restaurant, I love this place. The service is always excellent and the food divine. I shall be going back, time and time again!

1 Thank MC221978
Harwich
“Phad Karpow (perfect on a cold night)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'm one of those people who like it hot, My Phad Karpow with beef (extra hot!!!) was truely amazing. It certainly hit the mark. The beef was so tender. Should keep the cold out. I had my meal from the Bar Side menu. Washed down with a glass of wine.I could go on forever saying how good it was, but the best way is to experience it for yourself! Enjoy.

2 Thank michaelh-j
Harwich, United Kingdom
“first visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

First let me say, service ,restaurant,abience where all first class.I thought the food eventhough
very tasty with plenty of flavours going on ,was overpriced and actual meat content very sparse.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank prettygate
Harwich, United Kingdom
“Restaurant to celebrate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Party of 5 family.
arrived 20 minutes before our booking time.coats taken by mine host.we sat in the lounge area had our drinks and started to choose from an extensive menu,our host explained several of the dishes to us plus some extras of the night not on the menu.we were then shown to our table when our chosen starts were ready for serving.The table service was attentive without being fussy.the food was excellant,the service first class.
If you like Thai food you will not be disappionted at this restaurant
I would recommend this restaurant to anybody who likes good food,this restaurant is spacious,warm and friendly.

• Visited December 2012