“Great food. Friendly staff.”

peking chinese restaurant
Ranked #18 of 44 Restaurants in Harwich
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

New to the area so I was concerned my new local Chinese resturant might not live up to the old one. It certainly didn't disappoint, in fact it exceeded all expectations. This review is based on the venue as a takeaway only as I have yet to eat in but with food that good, my sit down visit won't be too long coming. The staff or owners who served me were friendly and one dish recommended was to me was top notch.

1  Thank Daz849

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Food is generally good, although not always consistent.
Good value seafood, and good portions.
This is great for a change every now and then, but simply what you would expect from a local takeaway.
Not a restaurant I would go out of my way to eat in,but worth giving a go if you are in the area.

2  Thank Charlotte K
Reviewed March 18, 2012

the food is sometimes dry and the wait is always long also the price is very high i just dont like eating there

1  Thank kerri h
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I have been to this Restaurant 3 times now in the last 3 months and have always had tastey food with good portions. The staff are not Chinese strangely enough but are very friendly and should make the owners proud. One chap has been there 20 years! The Tai Pan beef is excellent, as is the special chop suey and the chilli and garlic chicken. MMM MMM, I'm getting hungry.......................

Reviewed June 30, 2011

This is the only chinese my husband and I will go to, having tried most in Harwich!!!
The food is very tasty, they make the best beef chow mein ever!
They do seem to find it difficult to get the chicken balls right they are either well done or the meat is very stringy.
With some dishes the portion sizes do vary, the smoked shredded chicken and crispy chilli beef are prie examples of this!
The staff are very friendly and always seem very happy in their work.

3  Thank Okichi