“Service and food good, but venue beginning to look jaded.”

Ask Italian - Saffron Walden
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: ASK Italian in Saffron Walden is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Saffron Walden menu and, if you like what you see, book a table.
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
“Service and food good, but venue beginning to look jaded.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We popped out to our local ASK to enjoy and early Sunday lunch - it was surprisingly quiet for what i'd envisaged to be a prime timeslot. The staff are friendly and quietly efficient (which is my preference). The menu is okay but perhaps could be improved slightly to offer a slightly more innovative range. The drinks are something with which I've generally had an issue - in my view they are over-priced, especially the beers. We wanted just a light meal and between us selected a Stromboli pizza, Linguine Genovese, Linguine Frutti di Mare and Spaghetti Carbonara. These were all okay but not especially memorable. Overall, the bill was fair value, given that 80% was covered by Tesco vouchers.

I believe this ASK continues to offer simple food of reasonable value; however, the venue needs to be sharpened up, especially the shop front which is looking very shabby.

• Visited July 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Disappointed by the changes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have been regular visitors to Ask and its always been enjoyable. However, they have made changes to furniture ect and it now feels like a canteen rather than a restaurant and we wondered if they are just catering for families with young children now. The staff were very friendly and helpful and food okay but we made the decision that we would not return again.

• Visited June 2012
essex
“Value for money ?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

Whilst the staff were friendly we found service was a little slow - the biggest let down are the portion sizes which are on the small size considering the prices - we left feeling that there was little value for money at this restaurant, having said that, the food was tasty enough but unfortunately would not recommend to a friend or pay a return visit.

• Visited April 2012
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
“Yummy food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

The staff are very friendly and the food is lovely, very yummy. There is plenty of seating too.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere and a good meal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

I have visited this restaurant a couple of times and each time have found it very good.

Like most ASK restaurants it was very lively although we did go on a Friday night.

The interior had a very cool feel and was very clean and fresh. I had the rosemary and sea salt bread with goats cheese starter which was delicious. My first choice main course was not available so I had the pollo marsala instead. This tasted very good and I was glad I had it as my first choice had been lasagne which is a bit un adventurous. My pudding choice had to be proffiteroles which were very creamy and a good end to the meal.

The wine list as you would expect was quite extensive and the white wine was well chilled.

• Visited November 2011