“Awful!!”

Langley Park Rally School
Reviewed July 8, 2017

This is a complete waste of time and money.
We did not get what we paid for and got no apology for this.
The track is a small dusty truck.
The facilities are awful. The toilets smell dreadful.
The whole "experience" was disappointing. Really is a waste of time and money.
Avoid at all costs!!

"bit concerned"
"excellent instruction"
"driver tom"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this experience"
"subaru impreza"
"extra insurance"
"sat nav"
"bacon roll"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 5, 2017

I purchased 2 red letter day rallying day experiences from you as Christmas presents for my 2 adult children. They then booked with Langley Park Rally School as instructed and booked for 6th May. On the 4th May my daughter received a text from Caroline at Langley cancelling this booking due to staff sickness and holidays and offered alternative days in July. My daughter opted for 2pm on 1st July and this was confirmed by Caroline on a text message dated 4th May at 10.47.

My wife and I along with my 2 children travelled up to Saffron Walden. The journey up to Langley was beset with numerous traffic problems and we were going to struggle to arrive on time. About 5 miles from our destination we decided to phone Langley to inform them of our predicament but were horrified to be told that there was no booking for us as they had had rain during the week so all bookings were cancelled. The Langley representative was not at all bothered and unapologetic.

2  Thank MIch448
Reviewed July 4, 2017

I have been on various track days but never a rally experience as was given this as a present for my birthday from my son.
One negative- sign posts from A14 direction were not good and we missed the turn, however on turning around the signs were great!
The course is small but I really do not know what people are moaning about.
If you go with an open mind and listen to the Instructors then you can learn a lot and have a bit of fun.
The two cars were plenty to handle and it is amazing what you can do after a few laps navigating the course.
The high speed lap was great to see how it should be done...thanks Tom!
All in all the venue is a bit basic but what do you expect, it is out in the middle of the countryside and is a rally school.
Would definitely go again and I would recommend to everyone to give it a go!

Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

I visited the Rally School as a Red Letter Day experience, bought as a Christmas present.
The site itself is set back in beautiful countryside, with massive potential.
We arrived and there wasn't masses of people waiting, which for me was great, as I am not the most patient!

The facilities are poor. The toilets are really quite bad (I'm no prude, I'll go anywhere...) but they stank.
Couple of portacabins with the reception in and the 'restaurant'.
All of which is dated, in poor nick.
It was a beautiful day, so sitting out in the benches could have been lovely. However, all the benches are knackered. Rotting, with nails coming through the surface of the table, seats looking close to collapsing.

The driving- it was ok. I must stress my instructor was helpful and overall a good guy. He dealt with the fact I was catching people up by allowing me to go further and expand my skills.

The course however is tired. Although I understand you can only really send amateurs out around cones and soft things, so we don't damage the car, ALOT more thought could be put into the course. It's set within acres of arable ground, surely something more interesting could be thought of, amongst the headland of the crop, with maybe sections that could be tackled by drivers clearly doing well on the normal track.

I get the sense that this place is well overdue investment. It's a viscous circle, if they respond by saying they can't afford to invest in the facilities, I would say, if you don't, you will almost certainly fade out over the coming years.

Spend some money, improve the facilities, make the track a little more interesting, and this place could be great.

I hope I could go back there next year and it be 100% better, following some well overdue improvements.

1  Thank Greg5884