I went their for a family birthday and have never had service like it, they should be ashamed, I had one collect my own drinks after a 20 minute wait and even then didn't get an apology, then the food arrive one dish was served and then a ten minute wait until two wrong meals were delivered, once we stated that was not what we order they took the dishes away only to be served back to us cold ten minutes later, once we complained we were told that's all they have left! Keeping in mind this is at 7:30 seems ridiculous. After complaining that we were not going to pay for the wrong meals we were very rudely asked to leave by a very obnoxious and unprofessional manager. Please skip this place and go to one of the many country pubs that still care about customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cricketers Arms is the ideal place to stay whether you’re on business, travelling to the airport, attending a wedding or simply visiting the area. We have 10 beautiful, individually designed bedrooms all with en-suite facilities and lots of homely touches. Some are more modern, with contemporary furnishings and splashes of bold colour; others are more traditional, with antique pieces and soft, muted colours. All have really comfortable king or super kingsize beds, with good linen, luxurious throws and piles of cushions, as well as powerful showers, fluffy white towels and lovely toiletries. One room even has a stunning free-standing bath. There’s also a digital flat screen television, direct dial telephone and free Wi-Fi in every room to use during your stay and you can treat yourself to champagne and chocolates on arrival, too.We have a choice of rooms from doubles, superior doubles and twins to junior suites and family rooms – three have their own staircase up from the restaurant so you can put the children to bed and enjoy a relaxed supper. Eat, and sleep well and have a hearty English breakfast the next day. Enjoy great value too; rooms start at £65 for the night, with a family room costing £135, including breakfast. As well as being ideal for getting to or from Stansted airport, the Cricketers Arms is just a stone’s throw from Parklands in Quendon, so if you’re attending a wedding there and need somewhere to stay, just give us a call. We also have a big car park where you can leave your car for free during your holiday if you travel from Stansted. Stay one night with us and get your trip off to the perfect start, and if you’re back late, have a comfy night with us before heading home. We can book transfers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Cricketers' Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cricketers` Arms Hotel Saffron Walden
- Cricketers Arms Saffron Walden
- The Cricketers' Arms Saffron Walden, Essex