“Fantastic Chinese food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Fantastic Chinese food”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

For work I travel frequently throughout the UK and across the globe and whilst away invariably have Chinese for supper. I have dined at some of the top rated restaurants in London and New York and still find the Jade Garden in Saffron Walden difficult to beat.

This is somewhere I frequently go for takeaway and the food is just fantastic and has been for as long as I can remember. All dishes are worth a try and are full of flavour - I have yet to find a dish I dislike on their menu! The crispy beef, crispy lamb and duck are must-trys! There are also some great rice and soup dishes that are never dissapointing.

I'm not one for writing reviews, but this place has got it's food just right and really is worth every visit.

• Visited November 2013

“One of the best places to get Chinese food.”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great food, service and place.
I like the chicken & mushroom soup as a starter and their selection of meat dishes is always great.

Visited June 2013
Little Canfield, United Kingdom
“Good Value Set Meal!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were a group of six and rather than read through the extensive menu opted for 3 different set meals!! The food was tasty, freshly cooked with crisp flavoursome veg and plenty of it!

We had a range of starters followed by a mountain of succulent crispy duck!
The main courses arrived and consisted of spicy prawns, 2 beef dishes, 2 sweet and sour dishes, chicken and an assortment of 3 different vegetable dishes. This was accompanied by rice and singapore noodles. We rounded the meal off with coffee as there was no room for dessert!!

The set meal cost around £15 a head and was a great way to try a variety of dishes.
The service was prompt and friendly and a good time was had by all!!

• Visited August 2013
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Take Away”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Had a takeaway, and whilst ok was also disappointing! Special Fried rice, not so special, could have called it prawn fried rice! S&S Chicken balls ok, sauce very thin and tasteless.

• Visited August 2013
Poznan, Poland
“When in need of a fix...”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am originally from San Francisco, a city well supplied with fine Chinese restaurants of all types (Cantonese, Hunanese, Yunnanese, Hakka, and Szechuanese). I haven't lived there for years, but the craving has never left me. I have family in Saffron Walden and visit there regularly. Jade Garden is wonderful for someone like me, someone who simple NEEDS a Chinese meal now and then. Rather atypically for a Chinese restaurant, I found the service to be friends and cheerful. Nothing about my experiences there has disappointed me. It isn't a great restaurant; but it's a good restaurant that is reliable and reasonably priced.

• Visited July 2013