“Welcome Back”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2012

All to often when a pub shuts, it stays shut. Thankfully this has not been the case with the Fox

Good food & service, good beer and a good atmosphere. The Fox is back. Long may it last.

Thouroughly recommended.

1  Thank Al_F190760

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I visited The Fox for a meal with my family and experienced an amazing 3 course meal for a very reasonable price and the quality of the food far exceeded the price we paid. Compliments to the talented chef behind these dishes! The pub is gorgeous and cosy with friendly locals and landlords, Shane and Marie! You have done a fantastic job in rejuvenating the atmosphere! I cannot speak highly enough of this cosy village pub. A wonderful evening all round! Thank you :)

2  Thank VRolley
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Well, food begins in a week but the iconic and charismatic Fox Inn is back for drinks and the return of natives from the area. What a wonderful and warm environment with characters, eccentrics, normals and nuts, it is the essential English country inn back to what we locals wanted. Well done to Ray and Eva on resurrecting our piece of England to its former glory. Let England Shake!

2  Thank Roger L
Reviewed November 29, 2012

While we were staying at Birkin House we decided to eat at the Fox Inn as Birkin House do not serve evening meals.

Firstly the food was very nice and affordable so for the food itself I would give the restaurant 4 stars.

Unfortunately now I have to discuss why I have deducted ratings. My first deduction was due to the fact that the service was very slow.

Secondly, because the service was slow the area where we were sat was taken over by drunken louts by the end of the evening. It was a little disconcerting to hear a group of youths discussing the level of violence they were going to inflict on another group of youths over pudding.

I would have liked to have deducted 2 stars for this but 1 star would not have been representative of the meal though I would say paying good money for a meal and then to have this marred by others' was extremely annoying.

I expect this may happen if I go out for a drink where I can move on if I do not like the atmosphere but I do not expect this if I go out for a nice meal with my partner.

I very rarely give poor reviews but I found the atmosphere at the end of the evening warranted this unfortunately.

1  Thank JelloRezillo
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I tried the Fox Inn restaurant after a recommendation, but I was disappointed. I attended with my wife and we were seated and served drinks promptly. However, after ordering we waited for a very long time for our main meal to arrive. I don't mind waiting for freshly cooked fare, but I stopped checking after 45 minutes.

When it did arrive the vegetables were rock hard and the curry was quite bland. My wife did in enjoy the chicken and bacon combo, but could not eat the vegetables.

On the plus side the selection of beers on tap and in bottles was good. Tried a couple of the brown ales and found them to be very smooth.

I would probably try again, as this may have been just a bad night