Jonathan & Rosie have done a fantastic restoration and conversion on this property. The result is a first class luxury holiday cottage in the most tranquil and beautiful setting.
Very well equipped with all mod cons. The Nespresso machine is a great bonus for coffee lovers and the fast Wi-Fi great if you have teens or need to do a little work or stream a movie. Very rare for such a rural property!
Warm and cosy and very comfortably furnished - a real home from home. The luxury bathrobes added a real touch of class.
Great location too for walks and country pubs as well as the Jurassic coast a short drive away.
Jonathan was very welcoming and friendly and his recommendations for places to eat and drink were spot on. The bottle of wine, cake and milk in the fridge were a nice touch too.
All in all faultless, we will certainly be returning.
We found booking Goose Run Cottage very easy, Jonathan was extremely responsive and answered any queries we had very quickly.
We stayed for 2 nights and wish we had been able to stay longer.
We received a lovely warm welcome, the cottage was beautifully decorated and the lights and heating had been turned on to ensure it was warm and cosy for our arrival. It has been decorated and furnished to a very high standard, we loved that the focal point of the living room and master bedroom is the beautiful view, in the mornings we watched the sheep and llamas grazing in the fields just beyond the garden.
It is extremely tranquil and we feel very fortunate to have found this little slice of heaven to escape to. We will definitely be returning and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this cottage to anyone visiting Dorset.
We stayed a few days in this beautiful, nicely decorated cottage. We've had a warm welcome. We loved it and would like to visit it again!
I have stayed in several holiday cottages and this is one of the best I have come across.
Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for a long weekend away from our normal urban lives and it was perfect for this:
- Very rural - all you could hear was the sound of the wind in the trees and the birds, no road noise at all.
- Beautiful views - the countryside views are absolutely incredible. The master bedroom is designed so that you can lie in bed and look out over beautiful rolling countryside whilst enjoying a fresh coffee in the morning, it was an amazing start to each day. The sunset views from the terrace whilst enjoying a glass of wine were also stunning.
- Privacy - it feels like you have the whole place to yourselves, the cottage and outside space has been very cleverly designed and it really feels like it is just you and the open countryside.
- Very high qualify finish - everything is extremely high quality, from the furniture (e.g. super-kingsise bed in main bedroom) to the cooking equipment, no expense has been spared and it is very comfortable.
- Lots to see and do in the local area - we were never bored, there is a lovely short walk to the local pub, and further afield it doesn't take long to drive to the coast for a breathtaking coastal walk.
For me, there were no negative points about this cottage. It was absolutely perfect for us and our thanks go to Jonathan and Rosie for sharing their private estate in this way. We are very glad you have created this rural paradise for others to enjoy, and we will certainly be returning.
Jonathan and Rosie have gone all out to provide 100% one of the most beautiful well equipped cottages that we have had the pleasure of staying in.
Goose Run Cottage Is a tranquil relaxing retreat which in our thoughts is like a little piece of heaven.
We thoughly enjoyed our stay in October 2017 at Goose Run Cottage and will definitely be returning in the near future to enjoy more of what this Cottage and surroundings has to offer. Thank you for allowing us to share your beautiful home.