“Small but well formed! An English Tea Room as it should be.”

The Georgian Tea Rooms
Description: A friendly popular tearoom offering a wide range of refreshments from a hearty cooked breakfast, full lunch menu and afternoon snacks and homemade cakes. We also serve some Gluten and dairy free choices. Our specials board is updated daily.
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have visited The Georgian Tea Rooms many times over recent years and the present owner seems to have got the formula just right. The Tea Room is not big - perhaps 8 to 10 tables with a couple more outside. For me what gives it good marks is that firstly it serves leaf tea which is a vast improvement on places that serve up the drink made from tea-bags that have been sitting in a large jar on a counter in the open air. Added to this, the quality of the home-made food is excellent. On my last visit my eating companion had a well presented slice of quiche with salad, new potatoes and coleslaw. My egg and cress sandwich was freshly made and tasty. The home-made cakes on display always look appetising. There are hot meals available on the 'blackboard specials'.

And for those who need to be in communication there is wi-fi available.

I like this sort of place - individual with a bit of local chatter going on the background.