“antonys breakfast”
Review of The Crown Hotel

The Crown Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blandford Forum
Reviewed April 3, 2012

What a fantastic hotel. Clean room superb bed, large bathroom with a shower that stays at the same temp
Very enjoyable stay. The carpark is very large & can accomadate larger vehicles.
But what impressed me the most was ANTONEY'S BREAKFAST it was to die for
Bit of a strange combination but I will try anything & I'm Glad I did also I have to mention the staff they were so nice to me
The manager even moved my table to one next to the window it was as if he read my mind & nothing was any trouble
All the staff were great. I will stay again next time I'm in the area

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed March 11, 2012

I have previously enjoyed a stay at this property however my latest experience has left me with a mixed opinion.
Generally my room was clean and well presented, as was the majority of the hotel, however the bathroom was terrible with peeling paint, well worn sanitary ware and a toilet that once flushed drip filled for three hours which was extremely annoying. Had I been staying more than one night I would have insisted on another room.
Even though there is a notice outside proclaiming 'food served until 10pm' my request for a menu at 9:15 was greeted with such distain that I decided not to bother and retired to the bar. The bar area is a reasonable size but seating is extremely limited and on this occasion all tables had been taken, mainly by what appeared to be non-residents, the result was a walk around Blandford until I found an alternative location where I could at least sit down and enjoy a drink.
Breakfast was a more pleasurable experience but overall I left with the feeling that I will be looking for an alternative for my next visit to the area

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Nice place for a meal. a drink. a cup of tea......It seems to serves the local community well, the young manager is efficient and friendly and he makes the place feels welcoming.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2011

14 girlfriends enjoyed our Christmas get together at the Crown Hotel. We joined in with one of the 'organised' party nights. We were well looked after (apart from the lack of cloakroom attendant) all night. For a mass catering event the food was very good and certainly plenty of it. The speed of service was good and the customer service was professional. A good night was had by all. Unfortunately we didn't get to stay. Perhaps next year. Good value for money for a great night out.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Nice Hotel, comfortable double room, enjoyable breakfast, nice lounge and bar area, friendly staff - would recommend, would return - recommend for solo, families, couples.
There was a wedding being held in the hotel during our stay.
Lots of secure parking, nice area for walking, lovely grounds to sit outside, weather permitting

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dawnsi
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Comfortable, clean rooms which are nicely furnished. Breakfast was quite small but a good choice and nicely cooked. Friendly staff and a nice bar area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We stayed here on Monday evening and although the hotel was busy with a function the service we received was of a high quality.
The food was excellent, the bar was very good too. It was great to take advantage of the late summer weather in the beautiful courtyard. Parking was ample with additional spaces around the back.
The room was everything we could have wanted, perhaps a little on the small side, but adequate for what we needed.
The bed was really comfortable and the bathroom was immaculate. Really appreciated the big fluffy towels! The toiletries were of a lovely quality.
The only niggle I have was the breakfast. It is served as a buffet style and wasn't very warm. I think they would benefit with one or two more staff on at breakfast.
Apart from that I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff we met were very friendly, helpful and really made our stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Kings Head Hotel
Kings Head Hotel
#2 of 3 in Wimborne Minster
Best Western Shaftesbury The Royal Chase Hotel

Been to The Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!