When I booked the B&B over the phone with Lavinia she was very nice and helpful, she also emailed infos regarding the places to eat etc. However, once we got there, she was not so helpful any more. I was unhappy the position of the room which was on the ground floor-next to the entrance door, which was quite noisy. I asked her if we can change the room, to which she agreed, only to call me hour later telling me that she cannot give me the room on the first floor-since it was already booked, even though we have already moved our stuff into the room on the first floor?!
Room was nice & new with lovely bathroom. Dump on one side of the wall-not so pleasant!
The worst thing was breakfast. I need to ask for bread to start breakfast-since they won't serve bread before you order cook breakfast, but since I like my jam on toast, I have to ask specifically to get bread-the breakfast girl gave me such a look(Oliver Twist one). When ask to provide us with some orange juice, which was run-out, the girl refilled it to the level enough for two shot glasses (~100ml) in a large jug! Next morning Lavinia was serving breakfast alone for 12 guest at the same time, since breakfast run only for an hour 8.30-9.30. I understand it's lots to do (which is the nature of the B&b business) and the breakfast girl apparently canceled last minute-she was very stressed and abrupt. When I asked if I could get worm milk for my cereal (since I digest it much easier this way), and was skipping a cook breakfast that morning, her reply was-'MAYBE' + Can you see I'm very busy this morning?! I have to say I was shocked after her response. I got the milk in 5 min-but lost the appetite in the meantime. The quality of the breakfast is very low-and they cut the corners where ever they can-I understand that credit crunch is crunching,everyone really, but this is the one of the most expensive B&B in town! Also the place was cold! The heating was working for few times a day- I was cold on several occasion!
The location of B&B is great, but the owner appear no to have B&B hostess manners.
I would not recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westwood Guest House is a luxury bed & breakfast accommodation in the beautiful Dorset resort of Lyme Regis at the heart of the Jurassic coast. The building as been extended and tastefully refurbished to the highest standards. The contemporary feel to Westwood offers much, much more than you’d expect from a guest house. We think you’ll be pleasantly surprised!Each room has been individually designed to be comfortable, relaxing and features stunning views from every aspect. From the front of the house you can look over Lyme Bay, right across Lyme Bay to Portland Bill and Golden Cap, from the rear of the house you can enjoy wonderful woodland views.All our rooms have either Super King, King or Twin beds and feature large en-suite shower rooms, each one offers a host of features such as: flat screen TV’s, hairdryers, iron and ironing boards.On arrival you will find fresh milk in your own fridge, in addition, there’s a safe for your valuables… just the right size for your laptop. And talking of laptops, the whole of the house is totally ‘wifi’ enabling you to stay in touch whenever you take your holiday break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Westwood Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westwood Guest House Hotel Lyme Regis
- Westwood Guest House Lyme Regis, Dorset