The accommodation claims to have many features to a high standard but whilst the soft furnishings are new and stylish, some basic standards are lacking.
One of our two rooms (the one upstairs on the front right of the house as you enter) did not have hot water and neither of the rooms' tower rails worked, on asking for help from the owner she was gruff and said that she would turn on the heating. Despite there being unoccupied rooms we were not offered an alternative to the room without hot water, (which also was of concern because the bathroom was unfinished with exposed pipes and unfinished tiles) and not cleaned properly (still builders labels on the sanitary ware). Two days later as there was still no hot water in one of the rooms we asked again, after all the guests had finished breakfast, and she denied that there was a problem with the hot water and said that hot water was not allowed for safety reasons. Eventually she came to the room and admitted that the water was tepid, and said ‘if you don’t like it, leave and don’t pay for the room.’ We returned later that day, having found alternative accommodation and paid for the room which we had not complained about. She then became abusive and said that we would have to pay for the room for the next night because it was after 11am. We said that we needed to pay for alternative accommodation because she had not offered a satisfactory replacement room. She followed us down the road being aggressive.
The other room we had had rising damp on the outside wall (the room to the right on the ground floor as you enter). The shower room also smelt of a drainage smell.
We enjoyed our stay in Lyme Regis, but it is was a shame that the poor attitude of this guest house owner was unpleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westwood Guest House is a luxury bed & breakfast accommodation in the beautiful Dorset resort of Lyme Regis at the heart of the Jurassic coast. The building as been extended and tastefully refurbished to the highest standards. The contemporary feel to Westwood offers much, much more than you’d expect from a guest house. We think you’ll be pleasantly surprised!Each room has been individually designed to be comfortable, relaxing and features stunning views from every aspect. From the front of the house you can look over Lyme Bay, right across Lyme Bay to Portland Bill and Golden Cap, from the rear of the house you can enjoy wonderful woodland views.All our rooms have either Super King, King or Twin beds and feature large en-suite shower rooms, each one offers a host of features such as: flat screen TV’s, hairdryers, iron and ironing boards.On arrival you will find fresh milk in your own fridge, in addition, there’s a safe for your valuables… just the right size for your laptop. And talking of laptops, the whole of the house is totally ‘wifi’ enabling you to stay in touch whenever you take your holiday break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Westwood Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westwood Guest House Hotel Lyme Regis
- Westwood Guest House Lyme Regis, Dorset