“Birthday break” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Royal Lion Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lyme Regis
The Royal Lion Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lyme Regis
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Birthday break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We decided to use this hotel again because they are dog friendly and we opted for a room with a patio. The rooms are nice and clean with modern facilities, these are built into the extension, where as some of the rooms are in the older part of the hotel. We had a wonderful sea view and the hotel is only about 200m from the sea front, those who are less ambulant, please be aware that the hotel is on the main st. hill. Then again most of Lyme Regis and the surrounding areas are built into the hills and cliffs. The food at this hotel is amazing, I could not fault it at all. I did have a glass of wine on my birthday, and expect to pay around £17 for a bottle of wine which is the usual going rate in a hotel. There is a good size swimming pool and sauna. Also look out for any special offers they may have. We will be back.

Room Tip: A patio room is on the seaview side.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susanne S
Mark D, General Manager at The Royal Lion Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Susanne S

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at The Royal Lion Hotel. I always delighted when any of our guests commend the hotel, however even more so when we have had an opportunity to welcome a canine friend too.

I was so please to read you felt the food was amazing, that the wine you enjoyed for your birthday was good value and that you found your patio room to be nice, clean and to have the modern facilities you required. I was also glad that you had an opportunity to enjoy our 45 ft indoor pool and sauna room during your visit.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to The Royal Lion Hotel once again very soon.

Mark Dridge MIH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

What a great way to start the New Year. A great meal and dancing. Yhe Royal Lion staff pulled out all the stops and made it a very pleasant stay. A relaxed atmosphere and all our needs catered for. The ambience of the dining room was in keeping with this lovelly old building. The spa and pool are welcoming as are the bar and lounges in this very clean and cosy hotel. Overall a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Welshmike_11
Dear Welshmike_11

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Royal Lion Hotel. I was delighted to read how much you had enjoyed your New Year celebrations, the food, and dancing.

I was so pleased you felt that the team had pulled out all the stops, created a relaxed atmosphere, and that they had managed to cater to all your needs. I will of course pass on your kind comments to all the team involved in making your time with us so pleasant.

I hope we will get an opportunity welcome you back on many future occasions.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Thank you Royal Lion for another lovely much needed break between Xmas and new year....the trauma of the journey on the flooded railways was soon forgotten, and the traditional room I stayed in just perfect! I will be back again soon!

Room Tip: The traditional rooms are lovely and in the oldest part of the hotel - very quirky and slanted floor...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Judy B
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent visit to The Royal Lion Hotel, I was delighted to read your comments regarding your stay, and so pleased we were able to help you to relax and enjoy your time away, even after the dreadful weather we had been suffering.

As always I will pass on you feedback to all member of the team who were involved in ensuring you stay was just "perfect".

I look forward to welcoming you back once again in the not too distant future.

Shoreham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We booked the Royal Lion as a night away between Christmas and the New Year, we love the town of Lyme Regis. The hotel had everything we wanted, great pool, sauna and spa to relax in the afternoon, our room was superb, the staff were very pleasant, the breakfast served in the morning could not be beaten, value for money was fantastic, will book this hotel next time we visit Lyme Regis

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark D, General Manager at The Royal Lion Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at The Royal Lion Hotel, I was most delighted to learn how much you had enjoyed your time with us at this special time of year.

I was also very glad you felt that the hotel facilities, service and food where of such a good standard. I will of course pass on your comments to all the members of the team who made a contribution to ensuring your stay was so memorable.

Thank you once again taking the time to give me your positive feedback and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome both of you back to The Royal Lion Hotel in the not too distant future.

Mark Dridge
Herefordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

My wife & I stayed here following on from our stay at the Old Rectory in Chicklade.
The hotel is wonderfully traditional and in a fantastic location close to the sea.
Our room had wonderfull views and was furnished to a high standard with all modern ameinities.
We ate in the restaurant and the evening meal and breakfast were excellent. Compliments to the Chef.
It was also good that there was free secure car parking off the main road.
Great stay, friendly staff, and excellent food, what more could one want with the sea and walks just seconds away.

Room Tip: Get one with a sea view - Fantastic
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank peterHerefordshire
Mark D, General Manager at The Royal Lion Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at The Royal Lion Hotel, I was most delighted to learn how much you had enjoyed your time with us.

I was so pleased you felt your room was furnished to a high standard, that both dinner and breakfast were excellent, and also that you found the staff friendly, we really do our utmost to ensure you have the best possible experience during you time with us.

Thank you once again taking the time to give me your positive feedback and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to The Royal Lion Hotel in the not too distant future.

Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We booked the weekend in the summer when we were staying in a cottage in Lyme and have been looking forward to the experience ever since. We arrived on Friday 23rd November 2012 and from the moment we booked in until the time we booked out on Sunday morning we had one of the best weekends we have ever had staying in a hotel. From the helpful and courteous staff to the excellent accommodation and the high quality food the whole package was just brilliant. To top it all off the murder mystery evening was really enjoyable and we can't wait for the next one in the new year. I am sure that other members of our family will want to come along with us to the next event.

Room Tip: We booked a traditional room and found it to be very spacious and comfortable
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark D, General Manager at The Royal Lion Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you taking the time to complete a review of the recent murder mystery weekend at The Royal Lion Hotel, Lyme Regis. I was delighted to learn how much you had enjoyed your time with us.

I was please to read that you felt the staff and accommodation were excellent, and the food of a high quality and that you really enjoyed the murder mystery evening. I will of course pass on your positive comments to all the team who ensured your stay was so memorable.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Royal Lion Hotel, in the New Year.

Yours sincerely

Cumbria, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our room was comfortable with a good ensuite bathroom. We had a meal in the bar and it was tasty and reasonably priced. There was a good selection for breakfast, including fresh fruit salad. The staff were all very pleasant and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark D, General Manager at The Royal Lion Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent visit to The Royal Lion Hotel, I was delighted to read your positive comments about your time with us.

I was glad you felt the room was comfortable and that the ensuite bathroom was of a good standard. I was also pleased to learn your meal in the bar was tasty and reasonably priced and that there was a good selection for breakfast, the staff were all very pleasant and that you thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I will of course pass on you feedback to all the team members involved in making your visit so memorable.

Thank you once again for you feedback, and I look forward welcoming you back to The Royal Lion Hotel in the not too distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyme Regis
#1 of 1 in Axminster
Dorset House
Dorset House
#1 of 47 in Lyme Regis

Been to The Royal Lion Hotel? Share your experiences!