“New Years Eve Delight!!”

Kersbrook Guest Accommodation
Ranked #22 of 45 Lyme Regis B&B and Inns
Taunton, United Kingdom
“New Years Eve Delight!!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

From the moment we turned up, we had a very friendly reception. Alison made us coffee and biscuits and made us feel very welcome. She offered us lots of ideas on where we could visit and eat during our stay. She took us up a lovely winding staircase to our room, which was absolutely delightful! It was lovely and clean and had everything we needed, we were very happy :) In the morning, we went down to breakfast and Alison greeted us cheerily, we had a great selection of choice! We both had a lovely cooked breakfast and would definitely recommend our stay to all of our friends or anyone else visiting Lyme Regis.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aziz A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I have only good things to report about my stay at the Kersbrook Hotel. Comfortable bed, warm room, upgraded to a more spacious room at no extra charge and the owners had no problem when I asked to check-in earlier in the day. The breakfast was also very tasty. A good place for an overnight stay in a good location in Lyme Regis - within easy walking distance of the beach too!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kate G
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Hosts, Alison and Alex made us feel very welcome (coffee on arrival!) and went out of their way to help with local knowledge and advice. Room warm, cosy and spotless and the Listed building itself is charming. Honesty bar a nice idea. Excellent location for the town and seafront - on site parking is a bonus.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Westonzoyland, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We had a family 1 night stay here for a birthday celebration in Lyme: we received a warm welcome from Alison and made to feel at home.
This is a very interesting 18th century building, and as people have pointed out in previous reviews: you can't make direct comparisons with modern hotels. Our rooms were clean, the bed comfortable, and had everything we needed, (well, maybe with the exception of a biscuit ;)
The provision of an Honesty Bar was most welcome, and breakfast in the morning was excellent.

The only thing I think will need to be reviewed will be the price point: at present, it's competing at hotel price levels, which looks expensive for B&B. However there's a lot of potential in this place, and it is in the process of transitioning to new management, so there's a lot of opportunity to provide a unique experience in a place with a lot of character...

Room Tip: South-facing rooms on 1st Floor can provide a sea view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Mikal P
UK
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was our second visit as it is close to family. However we will not return.
Room felt damp - again. There was only a shower attachment in the bath with no proper shower. Ancient dirt in room but superficially clean. Very cold at night with only sheets and a blanket on bed and no duvet. Breakfast not great - sausage not cooked inside. Expensive compared to other B&Bs. Overall poor

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gone2011

Travelers are raving about these Lyme Regis hotels

Redditch, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

On arrival we were greeted by a very pleasant lady. We were shown to our room (number 1) which, on first inspection looked fine. However, we noted that there was no milk on the drink tray and the room was cold. The lady said that the window had been open all day so we thought no more about it. We went out for the evening and on our return the room was still very cold and we could not get the heating to work. My partner went to get some milk and asked how the heating worked, only to be told that the heating was set to 20 degrees and as the rest of hotel was at that temperature the heating had gone off and we were told to put jumpers/cardigans on!. Once we explained that I am on medication which makes me feel cold, the proprietor did put the thermostat up to 21, came into the room to ensure the heating was working and a short while later, brought us a heater which could have been left on all night if needed. Maybe the heating was more of an issue because it was November and this would not be a problem in the summer months. The bedside light fitting was very loose - it is noted that a previous review mentions this in the same room. Do they read the reviews and act upon them? The bed was very soft which was comfy at first but I woke up very stiff and in pain - I am used to a firm mattress, so isn't the hotel's fault per se.
We found no fault at all with the breakfast, one full english and one scrambled egg on toast with mushrooms - both thoroughly enjoyed.
Yes, the decor is a little tired, and could do with a bit of tarting up, but it isn't that bad.
Overall, we would go back again as the staff were very friendly and, once my situation was explained, the proprietor was extremely helpful - Thank you.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor front - noisy until the secondary double glazing was closed and it...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kapaau, Hawaii
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I booked the Kersbrook for two nights and ended up extending my stay for an entire week (if you stay this long, they also have weekly rates). Only after I had arrived did I see the not-so-positive reviews online, and I am glad I did not see them beforehand as it may have swayed decision!

Everything about my stay here was absolutely positive. Alex and Alison (and their children) are an extreme pleasure to be around and they did everything to accommodate me. Upon arrival, I was given my pick of the rooms since the hotel was pretty quiet at the time. At first, I thought that maybe I did not have hot water, but Alison came up to the room and got the tricky shower head working for me and it was perfect the rest of my stay. Upon getting it working, she assured me that if I had anymore problems with it, that I could move into a different room.

If you are looking for the feel of a chain hotel with sterile rooms void of personality, then this place is not for you. If you appreciate the cozy feeling of tastefully decorated rooms, each one different, with vintage furniture and brimming with character, then definitely stay here.

The location is great as well--it is about a 3 minute walk into downtown Lyme and about 5 minutes down to the Cobb. I will wholeheartedly recommend any of my friends and family to stay at Kersbrook--it is an absolute gem!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
#16 of 45 in Lyme Regis
Charnwood Guest House
Charnwood Guest House
#26 of 45 in Lyme Regis

Been to Kersbrook Guest Accommodation? Share your experiences!