“Great little museum, run by enthusiasts”

Dinosaurland Fossil Museum
Ranked #8 of 29 things to do in Lyme Regis
More attraction details
Owner description: A traditional museum with more than 10000 specimens on permanent display.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Lovely little museum, focussed almost exclusively on dinosaurs (with a few other interesting bits and pieces). Great timeline, to give the children an idea of the length of the history of the earth, life on earth, and how close we are to dinosaurs. Clearly does not have the resources of some larger museums but makes up for it in enthusiasm and focus. Our children had a great time here (they enjoyed it more than the Philpot Museum).

All reviews
"family ticket"
"all ages"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed April 8, 2013

An educational treat for all those who love dinosaurs - lots of information and interesting things to see. There is also a shop selling crystals. The buidling is 18th century and quite lovely. My children have loved this since they were tots visiting their grandmother - I go back whenever I can.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We visited Dinosaurland today and were really pleased to find such an authentic museum run by a real expert. Steve who owns and runs Dinosaurland was on the front desk when we arrived and was very happy to chat to us and talk to our dino-mad 4 year old. A very interesting guy who has an incredible collection.
The museum is small compared to some but that did not detract from the quality of the displays and I particularly liked the no nonsense text that accompanies each exhibit.
It is genuinely unique and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This place is simply ok. I don’t understand why people get crazy about it. I went there as part of a trip I did to the Jurassic Peninsula at the beginning of October. I have never visited the Peninsula so I decided to go but I never thought this Dinosaurland museum would be such a boring place. It is super old fashion and full of local kids doing their homework for school. With that name you imagine you are entering to Jurassic Park in LA or Orlando, or someplace similar, where you can find fun and get informed. And in fact you get informed but in the most boring way. The landscapes near the Lyme Regis and the town itself are really beautiful. I think they are much more worth it than the museums. So, if you are planning to visit the Jurassic Peninsula you better walk or find some outdoors tour. It would be more interesting and less boring.