All reviews the pub fish and chips per day scallops full english fresh fruit an evening meal car park pudding lovely place steep hill lovely room warm welcome cobb ploughmans landlord lyme
Selected filters
Reviewed April 24, 2019

Perfect location by the Cobb, Staff were polite and friendly, Tables not to close to each other (i find this annoying). Good service and good food. Served hot and tasty. Good presentation. We went on a quiet night so I cannot comment on the busy times.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CobbA3, Guest Relations Manager at The Cobb Arms, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2019

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit and we look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks again

Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

We have been coming here on day trips for a number of years, each time we go for the ploughman’s as it’s a lovely meal, however come on good Friday and left feeling so disheartened.

Ordered meals for 6 of us to be told 30 min wait, that’s fine as it’s worth the wait. Food came out and well.. tiniest pile of leaves I’ve ever seen, no tomato or onion or coleslaw and a slimming world portion of cheddar & ham (I swapped the Brie & Stilton for extra cheddar) and a lump of something that didn’t resemble anything like a pork pie as stated on the menu. Asked a very busy waitress what it was and where is the coleslaw, she went and enquired to return with the answer .... the coleslaw is under the leaves and the brown stuff is pork scratchings ??? As a proud owner of plastic nashers this is a defo no go and as for the dry coleslaw???
Now I know it was a very pleasant hot bank holiday and I’m sure they would have been working so hard for the majority of the day I would have accepted to be told ... ‘sorry we can’t do a ploughman’s as we have ran out of most of the ingredients’ but to try and palm me off with other items and missing items this is totally unacceptable and at £13 for something that wouldn’t even fill the baguette it came with, is shocking.
When I tried to return it I was met with some attitude from bar staff telling me well ‘you would have only have got half a pork pie anyway’ (to go with my half a pickled onion!) not the point mate!!!
All other meals were at best, acceptable can’t really go wrong with pizza, apart from the sandwich.. I’ve eaten better Tesco value bread and again no tomato or cucumber on the salad and chopped cabbage & onion they passed of as coleslaw. We actually went to the bar asked for some mayonnaise and made our own coleslaw on the plate.

Given a 2 rating for the other visits but won’t be returning again.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I'm really sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations this time. We had a very busy easter weekend which seemingly may have impacted your experience. Please accept our apologies and be assured that your feedback has been passed on to our management team and staff.

We do hope you will visit us again in the future.

Regards

Reviewed April 22, 2019

We ate 3 times here in a week, food was delicious, service good and the staff were so friendly. Scampi was proper! Fish & chips gorgeous. Portion sizes good (loads of chips) and very reasonably priced too for the quality. Great location on the harbour/cobb too. Would definitely recommend.

Trip type: Traveled with family
CobbA3, Guest Relations Manager at The Cobb Arms, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2019

Hello

Thank you for such a glowing review.

I'm really pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent visits. We are very proud of our staff and the food we serve so it's great to hear such positive feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks

Reviewed April 17, 2019

Visited the Cobb Inn for the first time tonight. Family of four. Boys ordered pizza from the kids menu (huge portion!)'my wife had lasagna (nice but nothing special) I ordered the fish pie which was really tasty but incredibly small, seriously it would have been about the right size for a starter! And at £14 wasn't value for money. To be honest if been better off with the kids pizza!
Good service and well kept beer are a redeeming feature.
Won't be rushing back.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I'm sorry to hear we didn't quite meet your expectations this time. I will pass your feedback on to our management team.

It would be great to see you again soon.

Thanks again

Reviewed April 10, 2019

We called back here after an absence of a few months and it was delightful to be remembered by the staff who were never too busy to make customers feel welcome.

The food was delicious and there was a lovely atmosphere about the place.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DougieFowler

Hello

Thank you for your lovely review, we're really pleased you came back to The Cobb Arms.

It's great to hear you enjoyed your visiy. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks again.