“Excellent choice and service”

Cobb Arms Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 81 Restaurants in Lyme Regis
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Wonderful harbour side public house for the whole family!Gluten free dishes available, even fish and chips !! specials of the day- all homemade on site using all local fresh produce, our fresh meat from Axminser butchers and our fresh vegetables from local farmers delivered daily, our fresh fish delivered to our door from the markets each day!!and we only use Lyme Bay crab which is supplied from Beer Harbour.
Burton on Trent
“Excellent choice and service”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

AS I keep banging on about my wife being coeliac, I can honestly say that this pub offered an extensive gluten free menu and actually did what it said on the label. We rolled in about 2pm after a walk along the front and the Cobb, feeling quite hungry, and two of us ordered gluten free fish and chips( as rare as hens teeth), sausage and mash and a not so ordinary meat pie and chips. The fish and cips and sauasge and mash were absolutely cooked beautifully and quite quickly.
THe meat pie was crammed with beef and was so large , my friend's wife had to leave some, although it tasted lovely(I did have a little of what was left to be able to comment - of course)
All in all a very tasty, filling and reasonable meal.

Visited October 2013

Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Service & Food!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We called into the Cobb on the off chance of a meal during a recent trip to Lyme Regis. I have to say it was superb. Food and Service made the trip worthwhile

• Visited October 2013
“big portions of delicousness”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

we love lyme but not been to too many pubs because we have young children. now they have grown up a bit we decided to try the cobb arms. wow. massive portions of delicous home cooked food. the scallops and crab were as fresh as can be and both excellent.

Visited April 2013
Chard, United Kingdom
“Better pubs are available a stone's throw away”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I came here early evening with my daughter. We had to wait a while at the bar to get served even though the pub wasn't busy but I can let that go.
The food however was not the best. I ordered the sea bass fishcakes which came with salad and dipping sauce. These fishcakes were pleasant enough but I couldn't actually detect a very high fish content. The salad was downright limp and I suspect it had been lying around in a bowl since first thing this morning, if not yesterday. Dressing? Wasn't really offered any apart from the Heinz condiments on the table.
Regarding the atmosphere, this is a pub rather than a restaurant, so if you have kids, be prepared for drinkers standing nearby using "pub" language.

• Visited October 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Excellent pub for gluten free food”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We visited twice in a weekend for lunch. The service & food quality was very good, but most of all, the choice of gluten free food was excellent for my wife. Add to that some good ciders & it was a great pub to visit

• Visited September 2013