“fast food ??? or not”

Herbies Dino Bar
Ranked #23 of 82 Restaurants in Lyme Regis
Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Famous Fresh Local Fish And Chips Range Of Delious Burgers And Breakfasts
Reviewed April 20, 2013

HALF AN HOUR FOR ONE BURGER AND TWO SMALL CHIPS! ZERO CUSTOMERS IN FRONT, FAST FOOD ? YOUR HAVING A LAUGH obviously frozen burger out the freezer , fresh chips! not a chance , tasteless and bland. customers arrived after served quicker, obviously more interested in the fish, not what they had marketed to me, very poor customer service would not recommend to a friend.

Mattherbie, Owner at Herbies Dino Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Sorry you didn't enjoy your visit to herbies. I remember you actually. You visited on a very busy day I seem to remember when you ordered a member of my staff informed you there would be quite a long wait for the food. After you complained to my staff a couple of times you were offered a refund if you didn't want to wait. When you place an order in goes into a queue so if people ordered fish and chips before you they would have been served there fish and chips first. Perhaps if you like your food really fast you should visit Mc Donald's next time.

There are newer reviews for Herbies Dino Bar

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Feel pretty disappointed after reading the reviews. Fish was fresh and not too bad although the batter was a little too heavy for my liking. Chips were awfull, tasted like cardboard not what I was expecting from a fish and chip shop more like bad oven chips. Portions were generous and the free tartar sauce and lemon is a nice touch. Might have been a bad day but wish I had gone next door as it looked much better and had proper chips.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Great fish and chips, so fresh! Generous fish portions and good batter. Fantastic service - we phoned to check they were open, and they held back some fish for us. They then called us back to let us know it was freezing cold and they were closing earlier, and what time would we like our dinner? Arrived to piping hot food and it was delicious.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I went here on saturday having previously visited last year. The fish and chips were amazing then and they still are now. They have the fish delivered fresh from the sea each morning so you might get a different fish species each time you go which I really like. Last time I had haddock and that was delicious, and this time whiting which was equally scrummy. The batter is light and so tasty and the fish is the best I have eaten in quite a while. The chips are not quite as great but as an accompaniment to the gorgeous fish they are still very good. The staff are friendly and helpful and you really feel like you are getting something special for the same price as a nasty fast food burger chain or chicken emporium! Anyone who gives this place a bad review must have either have been very unlucky or are just horrendously picky.

Great fish and chips in a stunning location.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Freshly cooked while you wait but worth waiting for. Not your standard cod and chips but fresh local fish and whitebait with chips.