“Milky, milky”
Review of Aroma Cafe

Aroma Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: A friendly coffee house & kitchen in the picturesque seaside town of Lyme Regis passionate about quality coffee and delicious homemade food that everyone can tuck in to!Serving quality artisan roasted, award winning, freshly ground coffee that is so local it could have walked here itself! We also sell Miles loose leaf tea by the pot and lots of other refreshing and imaginative drinks including local artisan brews and cheeky tipples. Whether gluten and dairy are your friends or not we have lots of homemade deliciousness on offer include tasty sandwiches, breakfasts, wholesome soups, scrumptious cakes and exciting specials. We know how important it is to tuck in together! There is also a small play area for the tiddlers in our inner courtyard.
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Just popped in after picking up a discount voucher from the Lyme Regis museum opposite, and we all enjoyed a really tasty fresh milkshake.
Hope to come back again one day!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I'm so used to going out for a coffee, lunch, snack and having either just an ordinary black coffee whilst my companions sit and much their way through delicious cakes and biscuits. I've sort of got used to it so now, when I do eat out (I'm coeliac and dairy intolerant), I pick what I can have rather than what I might want.

Not at Aroma. It's amazing! Not one, not two but at least three choices of enormous, gooey, gorgeous cakes; how on earth are you supposed to make a decision like that?

No, I didn't have one of each, but I was very tempted.

There is wifi, the service was excellent, the decor is artisan and low key, the staff knowledgeable and friendly and the food fabulous, and all for an extremely reasonable price.

A must visit, even if you're not on a weird diet like I have to be!

2  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I have visited Aroma twice now, ( three times actually, as we were there twice today! ) last year and this and have found the service and the food to be fantastic. The staff are very friendly and on a slow day you can get some amusing banter going. Thanks Dewi, you made us feel like regulars, even tho it was the first ( and second ) time you'd seen us. I sang quietly and slept abit on the way home, so you must have given me the decaf! The choice of food and beverages means that there's something for everyone and it's all very fresh and tasty. 5*s!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Couldn't believe it - instead of the dried-out or plastic-wrapped gluten free offering that I am usually presented with in a café, at Aroma, the whole selection of cakes and biscuits were gluten-free. I was in heaven! It was a shame that we didn't find this wonderful little gem earlier on in our holiday but once we found it, we returned for the wonderful coffee and cake every morning before we left.
We were told that the owner made his own flour and as we sat there enjoying our morning coffee, he was bringing through a mouth-watering selection of freshly baked cakes. We wished we'd had the time to stay there for lunch but when we return to Lyme Regis, Aroma will be our first stop to sample the rest of the menu.

1  Thank Zan190775
Reviewed May 30, 2014

A wonderful, beautiful bohemian cafe in Lyme Regis. Very different to the usual cafes in Dorset, it feels like a small East Village boutique coffee house. Lovely atmosphere, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and wonderful cakes and lunchtime treats. Best of all, the coffee, tea and hit chocolate selection is second to none in Lyme. I can't recommend this place highly enough.