“Nice and friendly with good pub grub”

Pilot Boat Inn Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 80 Restaurants in Lyme Regis
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pub food and warm welcome. Food served quickly by young bright staff. good straightforward food and drink- professional service.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Nice and friendly with good pub grub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We visited on a Sunday for lunch for my partners birthday, we'd walked around looking at menus (and prices) so were relieved when we came across the Pilot Boat Inn with tempting sounding food at very reasonable prices.
Both being vegetarian it's nice to see somewhere try something a little more adventurous (as much as I love vegetable lasagne and risotto..!). Both meals came out and were brilliantly thought out and exactly what we were looking for from hearty pub food.
We'll make sure we head back when we're next visiting.

Port Orange, Florida
“A Welcoming Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Our first night in Lyme Regis, it was pretty cold out so we had been recommended to this restaurant and it is really good. You will see pictures of it in all the photos taken of Lyme Regis over the years. The staff was welcoming, it is pub style, we had great soup and thick crusty bread, perfect for a chilly night. Regulars were thee along with visitors. The owner came in and greeted everyone. The gentle at the bar taking the orders and the people who served were super. We went back another night for steak and kidney pie and fish and chips, and ate there again for lunch.
Felt like home.

• Visited April 2013
London
“Lovely and dog friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Food good very friendly could do with a lick of paint and a new carpet but on the whole a nice place

Dartford, United Kingdom
“Good place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

We visited Lyme on a rainy day at the end of May. I have known Lyme since I was a child and always enjoy visiting whenever possible. This was my second visit to the Pilot and I wasn't disappointed. Our party of 4 enjoyed a variety of dishes all served promptly and tasting good. A good choice of menu and drinks.

• Visited May 2013
Marlborough,
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always up to their high standard.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I again visited the Pilot Boat while we were there again. This time we had a wonderful dinner as we always do. We have been to Lyme Regis for about twenty years now, often several times a year and one of the highlights are our meals at the Pilot Boat. We are constantly amazed at their very wide choice of food which includes their specials list which changes almost daily. I also visit later for an end of the evening drink most evenings, when I catch up with the latest gossip! I must complement Bill, Caroline and their pack of dogs for the constant welcome and complement Linda on her freindly service at the bar. We have also found the other helpers there of a hight standard too. I highly recommend the Pilot Boat Inn where you will recieve a very warm wellcome.