“Love it!”
Review of By The Bay - CLOSED

By The Bay
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Please note that this business is no longer trading with effect from 1 July 2017. Please note that this business is no longer trading with effect from 1 July 2017.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff are great...courteous, helpful, knowledgeable and happy! The food is scrummy, seeing some of the reviews I wonder where people usually dine. It is what it is, some of the sea food specials would be good enough to grace any restaurant. There is something for everyone on the menu and it is not too badly priced. I have been there 4 times now over 3 years and never had a complaint. It had great views over the harbour, u can sit outside on veranda or in the cleanly and uncomplicatedly inside that has a small area with sofas or well laid out tables and chairs. They are happy to serve either just drinks or drinks and food. It offers u a chance to eat something other than fish and chips or burger and chips and they offer wholesome kids food too. One thing is, that although clean, their loos could do with updating.

1  Thank Sharon F

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Sunday lunch there today sat watching people on the beach with the sun streaming through the windows. Delicious beef enormous Yorkshire pud, Roasties and vegetables what's not to like! Very helpful staff and a fair price.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our party of 6 dropped in for dinner due to fact we staying nearby. I had read the reviews and thought we would give it a chance. The decor is tacky and not somewhere I would be seen dead in normally! The staff were friendly but holiday camp is the best way to put it. Two of us had the mushroom wellington which they enjoyed, two had scampi which was as my Dad says" muck on a truck" and chips not hot. The cod was grey and not fresh so a disappointing experience.

I have read other reviews so perhaps we were just unlucky however I would try again !

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We were looking for somewhere to eat lunch and I checked on trip advisor and spotted that this restaurant had a good rating so we went in.
The waiter seemed nice enough and took our order, my sister ordered a shandy for her drink, however when it came over she took a swig and said that it didn't taste right and informed the waiter, he took it away to where the other two members of staff, I felt quite uncomfortable as she was clearly moaning about the fact that my sister had complained about it and I saw her take a sip and quite clearly said "theres nothing wrong with that!" she then went over to the bar and a man came out to the bar and she then asks him to try it, then after pouring off more lager, she comes over with a fresh drink, my sister takes a swig and says, no this still doesn't taste right, the woman said well I've poured it through quite a few times, then during this conversation it turns out the reason it tasted funny was because the waiter put it as a pint of lager instead of shandy, so it was infact their error and we were made to look like we were just being nurotic, she did apologise and seemed more friendly after this, however there was another female member of staff, well I think she should go and see a doctor!! I thought she was going to combust, all we could hear was her shaouting at the other staff that people need more coffees and she slamming things around, she went over to clean one of the tables and in her wound up state dropped a glass, this shattered on the floor and hit a customers foot! It is a shame really as the food was really really nice, I just dread to think what the staff are like when it is their busiest time of year as they didn't seem to be coping too well and this was in october!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We ate here on a relatively quiet Tuesday lunchtime and the food was undeniably good however unfortunately the staff were more interested in chatting to each other than serving customers and we almost gave up the ghost and left. We were glad we didn't though as the food was good and good value too.