“Never again”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I ate here on my first visit to Lyme and nothing would induce me to go back. I travelled around India some years ago and I don't recognise the food here as being on the same planet let alone from the same country's cuisine. I'm always deeply suspicious of places with a big choice of things on the menu and this one pretty well guarantees that little attention is given to any particular dish. The room is also stuffy and badly designed and not at all pleasant to sit in. A mystery is that the place is usually busy - largely with people who like to eat at 6 o'clock in the evening. The saving grace is that you can bring your own booze - so at least you can drink well.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Busy little restaurant, even mid week. Not overly spicy, but a good selection of choice on the menu. Very clean and tidy inside. I'd go back.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

It is a bit like a cattle market. We came for a table at a reasonable hour and then came back and then had to sit and wait. We were then stuffed next to another couple so not very romantic.

That said the food was good, a little on a dry side and not the best Indian I had tasted but for this sort of rural location lets not be picky it was good food and plenty of it which I enjoyed.

You had to provide your own wine, which you find out when you have already sat down! Not good.

Service friendly and quick.

Big issue is very, very, very busy!!!!! Need more Indians in Lyme Regis!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were lucky to get a table at this very popular restaurant at half six on a Wednesday evening! Totally understand why the place was so busy. One of the nicest Indian meals I have had. Thoroughly recommend this place

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is such good food, I have visited a number of times and tried different items from the menu. I haven't had a bad meal. I never leave hungry, its a BYO so makes the night a lot cheaper. Staff are friendly