Lovely small hotel. Breakfast comes to your room in a wicker hamper. Inside we had small cheese and bacon tarts, cereal, fruit and juice. Breakfast was the same both days we stayed, an although it was lovely, a bit if variety would have been nice.
There's no parking here, but there's a public car park near by. Lyme Regis is tiny and not many place do have parking, to be honest.
The room was lovely, with a view of the coast. Comfy bed, clean bathroom.
The rooms have old single glazed sash windows, so you can hear noise from outside. This includes people outside the pub 2 doors down, and seagulls in the (early!) morning. Having said that, I wouldn't want the hotel to replace the beautiful old windows, so not sure what they can do about that! I'd recommend waiting for the pub to empty out (or drink in it) at closing time before going to bed, though, if it's a warm enough evening for people to be drinking outside.
I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HIX Townhouse is a contemporary Boutique Town House situated in the heart of Lyme Regis, close to the Beaches, Langmoor Gardens and within walking distance of Hix Oyster & Fish House, Mill Tea & Dining Rooms,& By the Bay. River Cottage HQ is a 10 minute drive away. The Grade II listed townhouse features 8 individually designed bedrooms, all based on Marks personal interests. Room rates all include a HIX breakfast hamper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your HIX Townhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Lyme Townhouse Hotel Lyme Regis
- HIX Townhouse Lyme Regis, Dorset