“Can't wait to go riding with them again”
Review of Tor Royal Stables - CLOSED

Tor Royal Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Trekking Stable in the centre of Dartmoor, ride out over history on our sturdy horses and ponies, lovely qualified Staff short and long rides to suit your ability. All ages 4 - 104 as long as you are able to get on (and off) the horse!
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Myself and 3 work colleages also used a Groupon voucher (booked in advance of the closing date of 30th September) We had a fabulous afternoon on the moors. The staff were very friendly and we could not fault anything. The horses were well looked after and the whole place had a very warm homely feel about it.
The lady riding with us was very patient and made me feel very confident especially as it was my first horse riding experiance.
I will be definately booking more sessions with this stables :)

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Having not been riding for many years I was delighted when Tor Royal Stables opened earlier in the year,I decided to take the plunge and book a ride.All the staff are very friendly,helpful & obliging & I now regularly ride,nothing is too much trouble .I would highly recommend this stable.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I've been riding at tor royal for a few months now and realised that i have never written a review. However, i have just noticed that they have 1 'terrible' review which has shocked me. I genuinely do not have 1 bad word i can say about tor royal. I got a groupon voucher back in may/june and it was honoured immediately.The lady(justine) i spoke to at the time was very friendly and helpful on the phone, she arranged the lesson around me and gave me all the information and directions i needed.I've been there when the girls have been on the phone to people calling through groupon vouchers and they do absolutely everything they can to accomodate those people to ensure they get their ride!
I had done a couple lessons at another riding school and was a bit dubious about going riding with tor roayl at first.......i've not been back to the other stables since! My first lesson with adele was in the pelting down rain, now, most people would cancel it or be a bit 'ahh i cant be bothered teaching this person in the rain' however, she embraced it,and made it good fun. Adelr assessed the level i was at and gave me lots of help and advice. She let me just get on with it and coached me when needed. This has been the same each time i have gone out. She lets me learn from my mistakes and helps me rectify them. The friendly welcoming approach that adele, justine, and sam show at the stables is what entices me to go back week in week out. The knowledge and professionalism of the riding and the horses is immense, they give 110% to everybody that walks through the door. I certainly learn something new everytime i ride. It's also the personal approach i get now, as i ride with adele each time, she knows exactly what i like to do and what makes my ride even more enjoyable-she caters to my needs and skill level and knows that i just want to do more and more, so each week she gives that little bit extra.
They've also started up a loyalty thing which is really good, regular riders do so many rides then get 1 free, not many places do this. Tor royal are more customer orientated than money orientated, they want you to enjoy your experience with them and thats the way any good business should run. If they enjoy you, you enjoy them. All of the satff are easily approachable, any questions or queries you have they will answer. Nervous riders also get really well looked after, they just talk you through it and put you at ease, helping you along and taking this slow. Im a sports instructor so i know that dealing with nervous people is an art it itself, they guys here have masteres that.
The horses at tor are absolutely gorgeous!! They are just such happy, content horses. When you see the bond between them and the staff its truly amazing, you can just see how much they are loved.
Another key factor is the location of tor royal - you walk out the gate to miles upon miles or pure moor and breath taking views, a perfect way to blow away the weeks cobwebs. Dartmoor at the best of times is a stunning place to be, but even more stunning when your riding across it on horseback.

But, this is trip advisor and just peoples opinions - 1 bad review and the rest excellent tells you alot about tor royal, its up to you which 1 you believe. My advice would be to go and look for yourself, book in a ride with justine or adele and make your own mind. I'd put money on it that you'd walk away with a massive smile across your face!
Keep doing what your doing ladies, dont let any negativity bring you down. Tor royal is the 'nuts' and you know it! See you next week.
Kerry x

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were lucky enough to spend a week holidaying on Dartmoor and as my adult son has autism and rode out weekly with his day centre we wanted him to experience the beauty of Dartmoor in that way. After contacting Tor Royal I was impressed with the amount of communication we were able to have with them prior to even getting to Devon. On reaching the stables which is down a small road just down the road from Dartmoor Prison we were made to feel incredibly welcome and were kitted out not only with a riding hat but also boots. My son loved the hack out, we were accompanied by the owner of the stables, a lovely lady, very friendly and I really enjoyed chatting to her on the way round. We also felt especially honoured that we were taken to see a young 2 day old foal in a field with it's mother. hack We were made to feel very comfortable. It was obvious that the horses were beautifully looked after and that the owner loved the work she did. If we lived local we would be riding with them at least once a week. I would definitely look at Tor royal if you are looking for a riding experience that enhances the beauty of Dartmoor or if you're looking for a trustworthy stables for regular riding. I note that an earlier review talks about the rudeness of the staff. This was definitely NOT our experience. Thank you Tor Royal. We will be back.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I can't rave about this place enough. Got a Groupon voucher for my daughter's 8th birthday and she loved it. Had to change the date as daughter fractured her wrist but they could 't be more helpful and they had availability. The lady who ran Kate's lesson spent quality time with the 3 girls on the lesson. Talked to them about all the horses and tack etc. Took them off on a walk in spectacular scenery. 1 1/2 hour lesson turned into 2 and no hurrying to get rid of us. And Kate has talked about it every since. EXCELLENT. Can't wait to get back.