“An Unforgettable Easter at the Horse!!”
Review of The Horse

The Horse
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Me and my wife had our Easter dinner with another couple at the Horse. Our friends were a little bit concerned, driving all the way from Bristol with the only purpose of having dinner?? But it was well worth!

Service is great as usual and the food amazingly presented and gorgeous! Wine was good, we had four bottles of Primitivo Passitivo! We tried different starters (ham haddock terrine with quails eggs - pure lush; mixed salami and veggies antipasto and some thin pizza bread!). Our mains came quickly after - the ribeye was unbelievably tender and tasty. I chose the Paccheri pasta with tuscan sausages - mouth watering. Pizzas were very good as well!

The desserts were really tasty and we managed to find a space for them even if we were full!!

Such a lovely evening, we shall be back soon and more often! Thanks guys

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great food and great service. All I want for lunch.
The food was both delicious and perfectly presented - better than I would expect in a pub.
The staff were attentive and friendly.

If you're in Devon, this is where you should eat.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We tried and failed to eat here at the Moretonhampstead food festival, just too busy!! Went back this week and glad we did. So many places get it all wrong, yet here is somewhere that gets it all right. Atmosphere, staff, menu, prices(great value!) presentation, they tick all the boxes. Loved it, we'll be back!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stopped here for lunch on our way to Gidleigh park hotel and had the most delicious margarita pizza- not just any old pizza. It was the best I've had in a while and very authentic with the thin crispy base.. My husband had the club panini that was so delicious. Well priced food and good wine. Thoroughly reccomend

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This restaurant was faultless- the food was delicious, the service was good and the atmosphere was wonderful. The staff were very accommodating at booking a table for two for me the day before Mothering Sunday and explaining what the menu and prices were like as there was no information on the website. When we arrived we were taken to the back of the pub to a lovely little table in the corner, away from the Mother's Day humdrum. The menu was broad with about 9 different mains plus about 15 different types of pizza. The portions were very generous- I ordered the child's fish and chips as I didn't feel like eating a lot and thought that a mistake had been made with the order. It hadn't, but the food was so good there wasn't much of a problem eating it all. Everything is home-made, including the ketchup so all tasted fresh and delicious. My partner had a steak which he said was wonderful too. Lovely restaurant to spend a few hours in after a ramble on the rainy moors!

1  Thank LittlePearly