“Unsurpassed excellence”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Loddiswell
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We just went in for a light lunch and had unctuous cream of mushroom soup with a soft fluffy handcrafted savoury scone, dreamily warm, melt-in-the-mouth, and all this accompanied in a wooden serving board with the restaurant's own perfectly sized, crisp croutons and shavings of fine Parmesan cheese. Next time we will go for a full-on feast.

Delicious choices on the menu for carnivores and a comprehensive range of delectable offerings for vegetarians.

Customer service was faultless and topped off a thoroughly lovely experience.

Can't wait to return. It's our new favourite place to eat.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Have been several times for the butchers breakfast, which sets you up for the day, but went at the weekend for lunch and had the deli platter. All fresh local ingredients, well presented and delicious. The young lady that runs the place should be commended, she does it her own way has set really high standards in quality and service. Some other reviewers have questioned the waiting time, which is probably A little longer than it should be, but I'm sure the young lady will have noted this and will be working hard to improve this without sacrificing the quality. Opening on Sunday Mornings for breakfast would be an added bonus

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We first visited Valley View Cafe shortly after it opened and were very impressed, since then we have returned many times and every time have enjoyed the whole experience: the quality of the food, the friendly & attentive service, the freshness of the decor and of course the stunning view from the cafe and terrace.

Thoroughly recommended and we highly applaud the Valley View Cafe.

1  Thank RalphyImages
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I had the Lamb burger today. It was a towering burger on a board with chips served on the same board in a stainless steel pot wrapped in paper. An egg chopped in half was stuck to the board with Mayo, yuk! There was not enough room on the board to deconstruct the burger on so I was forced unwillingly to work through the layers apple, salad, un-grilled haloumi , hummus more
un-grilled haloumi, lettuce and a dried up bun. If you managed to get though this review then it is the burger for you. The burger meat fell apart. And a lot of the contents ended up falling through the gaps in the table. Cafés are supposed to be quick and easy I should have a burger in a few minuets and be able to eat it with one arm tied behind my back I shouldn't need assistance. Mind you they must have thought it was worth waiting for it took 25 minuets. I was going to stay for a coffee but I didn't have time.

13  Thank PeakSeagull
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Had a rare Monday morning off so decided to treat my other half to a fry up and what a fry up it was,possibly the best we've ever had,must be the award winning butchers next door. Only thing I would of changed would be to have the bacon a bit more on the crispy side....but I guess that's just personal preference. Will be returning.