“Think twice before booking, especially if you have an early start.”
Review of The Heathfield Inn

and 1 more site!
The Heathfield Inn
Ranked #6 of 17 Honiton B&B and Inns
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Think twice before booking, especially if you have an early start.”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

When I booked online I particularly asked for an early breakfast as I wanted to depart at 8.00am. Nothing was said on my arrival and the guest information said breakfast was served from 7.30.

However, the following morning there was nobody around between 7.20 to 7.40 therfore I had to leave without settling my bill (although they had taken my credit card detail in advance) or having the breakfast I had paid for.

When I called to complain the Manager/owner told me breakfast was served from 8.30 and therefore it was my fault if I wished to leave early. He refused any compensation and was quite rude.

Room Tip: Rooms above bar are noisy.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank Barry096

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I would not recommend this hotel, found the room Dirty, the shower head had a big build-up of grime, mould throughout, the air vent in the bathroom was full off fluff, and everything was extremely dusty.

The bed was tiny for two people, when we entered the room we laughed at the size. The room could easily accommodate a larger bed.

Finally at breakfast, we could hear the staff arguing in the Kitchen, which made it very unconformable.

This hotel is one I would expect to see on the hotel Inspector.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Raymond W
Ottery St. Mary, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Having read the reviews we were unsure about trying this Inn but decided to give them a chance, we are locals so were looking for somewhere different to eat and booked a table for five people on a saturday night. When we arrived at the car park we were pleasantly surprised how beautiful the pub looked really quaint, on entering we were very impressed with the decoration, comfy seats and friendly staff. We placed our order and immediately received any apology saying there may be a short wait for our meals because they had just taken the order for a large party but this was no problem to us as we were enjoying our drinks and chance to chat. However after only about 20 minutes we were told our meals were ready and showed to our table.

To sum up very impressed by the number of different meals on the menu, we feel the speed at which the food arrived was very impressive considering the restaurant was almost full, the food was not only really tasty but large portions, staff went out of their way to be friendly and attentive, we will definately be using this restaurant regularly from now on.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SOLOS2
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2011

The reviews on trip-advisor are somewhat negative. We had a pleasant room with all we required. Friendly staff (despite it being a very sad time for the owners) and a very good breakfast. Newly updated bathroom was delightful. Bedrooms could do with an update but this is a value for money hotel with a good ambience.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mod33
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Wonderful, great friendly staff, family room was clean, very spacious, with lovely new bathroom
Another local establishment let us down, so at 9.00pm with two small children in the car the landlady gave us good directions and welcomed us on arrival.
Breakfast was very good and nothing was too much trouble. Heathfield Inn is a lovely quaint thatched pub in a quiet neighbourhood

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank thederricks
Exeter
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I didnt stay at this Inn but I did arrive for a buisness meeting and it wasnt as bad as all say on here. The pub itself it very sweet and the luch we had was lovely indeed. The Heathfield platter it was called, which included a steak that was perfectly cooked. The drinks were very nice also.
We will indeed be back again for our next meeting

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank eabaxter
London
Reviewed August 21, 2010

Hotel looked as it was just the ticket for our one night stay in Honiton.
Bizarrely situated in the middle of housing estate, but from the outside looked ok.
Decor was tired but functional. Unfortunately, on this occasion both myself and my partner felt very uncomfortable when checking in due to the incredibley rude and unhelpful nature of the male receptionist.
We didn't eat in the resturant at all so can't comment on the food.
Will not be returning.