“best curry for miles around”
Review of Taste of Gurkhas

Taste of Gurkhas
Ranked #22 of 74 Restaurants in Honiton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I love food from the Indian Sub-continent and having grown up in an area where I had access to authentic flavours, I can be quite fussy. Having tried many alternatives in and around Devon, this unassuming place in Honiton is by far the best. I have been eating here for 10 years and the flavours are always superb, with much nicer quality of ingredients than other options locally. If you are not interested in the quality of your curry then visit one of the alternative local curry houses where the food is fine and your bill may be a few quid cheaper and leave this little place to those of us who appreciate it.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Once ate here 4 years ago, so unimpressed I never went back. Until a few weeks ago. After reading the reviews I thought I'd give it another go. Sadly nothing has changed except the name. I tried a chef's special lamb with mint, you could taste the mint sauce, not fresh mint as described. My other half had an average biryani. Her onion bhajis were soggy,but my starter was very good, lamb dumplings. Service was fine, except my girlfriend's spritzer was completely flat! I have read about the awards, but strangely an internet search only finds their results!

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Popped in while on hols good service very tasty food even my wife agrees and she isn't a Indian food fan but found several dishes that were spot on and the nan bread was probably the best I ever had

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Ate here on my own when visiting the local area.

Poppadoms and generous selection of the usualy dips etc

then a nepalese dish of barbecued chicken in a red curry sauce with tomatoes - medium spice

washed down with a Gurkha beer

Service was friendly and attentive, food was very good, however the main did just have that little something missing for me. I am biased due to my local Banlgadeshi restaurant being so good (voted number 1 on Trip Advisor: Bangla Lounge, Birstall, West Yorkshire).

Would happily visit again and perhaps try something different with a bit more of a kick.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've been a regular to the take-away at Taste of Gurkhas and have never once been disappointed. The food is delicious and the staff wonderfully polite and efficient. It is also incredibly good value.

One of the best (if not THE best) Indian take-aways I've tried!