“Nice place, great service will go again.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Route 303

Route 303
Ranked #42 of 76 Restaurants in Honiton
Cuisines: American, Diner, Central American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: ex14 9nd postcode
Exmouth, United Kingdom
“Nice place, great service will go again.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Popped in just on the off chance as friends had said it was good. Sad to see the number of bad reviews on here, but will write as I find. The place was heaving when we arrived with a full carpark, so It was no surprise that there was not an empty table, but the young lady who greeted us asked if we minded taking a seat at the bar whilst she sorted us one. (Top marks girl, that's what i call good service!). In the time it took me to quaff a half of my beer, the young lady behind the bar had given us menus and taken our order so "we wouldn't have to wait too long". The first girl had found us a table and we then sat and it took about 15 minutes for our food to arrive. (No problem as far as I am concerned, I would rather wait for something good than get served crap quickly!) The food arrived, piping hot, big portions and well presented. We ate, enjoyed and people watched as we like to. The restaurant had a mixed clientele of all age groups and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. We left and paid our bill, which I thought was quite reasonable for what we had. Plus left a £4 tip. I would go back again, it is what it is "An American Style Diner", it isn't Michelin Starred Gastro Dining, but it was tasty and good value in clean and tidy surroundings with a good attempt to give the US Diner feel.The staff were all working hard and those who served us were great. The young blonde girl who sorted our table was well on the ball and the other girls were clearing tables and prepping them with superb efficiency. (Big pet hate of mine when you go to a venue and the tables are littered with dirty crockery and debris...NOT HERE!). As we left, I noticed the booking book was open on the counter and the place was booked solid for the rest of the day, so they must be doing something right.So well done see you again. Oh, as a note, on leaving we drove past the "Little Thief" (As we called them from my biking days) a half mile toward Honiton and there were 3 cars in the car park....my case rests.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank V4vendetta

Surrey, United Kingdom
“Such a shame”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Bring a very regular user of the A303 and having found Route 303 I have been a great fan. However and unfortunately my last meal there was not particularly good and my visit for breakfast on Sunday was a complete disaster. Having been served my cup of tea and an orange juice my breakfast then seemed to disappear into a black hole. With those around me who had all arrived after me being served their orders and for 30 minutes failing to get any waitress attention I then checked trip advisor for latest reviews and it would appear that I'm not the only one seeing a downgrading in standards and service. After 40 minutes I gave up and left. At least the girl on reception refused to take my money for the tea and orange juice.
Time to find another regular stopping place on the A303

6 Thank Oceandave
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Staff need smile lessons”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Stopped on way down to devon. First visit and will be the last. We waited to be seated ignored by 4 waiting staff all who had long moody faces. Once seated after literally a few seconds a moody RUDE waitress asked 'u ready to order' we politly asked for few more minutes for which she just walked off. Another waitress came who only jus struggled to force a small smile, food prices are ok BUT far too many chips on peoples plates its about quality not quantity. The waitress who we paid the bill to was friendly and knew how to
Smile and communicate just a shame the other 5-6 dont/didnt. Will never visit again.

4 Thank luke14ott
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Never Again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

The restaurant was busy when we arrived and we were sat at a table near the door but we asked to be moved as it was so cold. Sadly moving didn't help the restaurant was simply freezing inside. Whilst we were sat waiting for our food a couple on the table next to us were complaining about how disappointed they were with the breakfast they'd ordered. A few minutes later another group returned their pancakes because they were raw.

We found the menu to be quite vast but very un-American, lots of things like ham, egg and chips or Scampi and chips but not much in the way of steak or ribs. When our food did arrive we were shocked at how bad it was, the calamari was overcooked and rubbery, the chicken wrap was re-constituted chicken and tasted gross and the burgers were practically raw, frozen, rubbish and the cheese was overcooked, breaking up and pouring grease all over the plate.

The portions are huge but it is definitely quantity and not quality. We left everything and refused to pay for our food, as did a number of others too.

On top of the bad food the place is grubby and looks like it could do with a good deep clean - god knows what the kitchen was like, but the burger certainly tasted as though the grill could have done with a good clean too.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Karin L
Stoke sub Hamdon, United Kingdom
“Good food fast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Stop on Saturday lunch time, the place was busy, and they served me quickly and food arrived in about 10 minutes. I ordered the ham egg and chips. Hard to mess up, ham was a good quality and not pre cut. Good size portion and overall a pleasant experience over all price was about right.

Visited December 2013