“First visit but not the last”
Review of Route 303

Route 303
Ranked #37 of 75 Restaurants in Honiton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: ex14 9nd postcode
Exeter, United Kingdom
“First visit but not the last”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I went tonight with the family for something a bit different. It's set out as you would expect and we thought it was pretty good. Service was fine, it was early evening and fairly quiet. The menu is pretty extensive and has all the items you would expect to find. The portion sizes are impressive and the steak I had was delicious, I've had a lot worse in more up market restaurants including in the states.

We had the donought ring stack for desert, we shared one desert because nobody could eat anymore food. Staff checked our table twice to make sure everything was okay. We really enjoyed our evening it's a thirty mile round trip but we would certainly go again.

Malmesbury, United Kingdom
“Great experience, good food”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We were on our way to a funeral, but we were hungry. They sat us immediately and as we explained we were in a hurry, they took our orders with 2 minutes. The food was excellent; hot and plentiful and very yummy. The tea was refreshing and plentiful. We will be returning again the have the East Coast breakfast as it looked brilliant and filling. Cant wait!

1 Thank Tim C
Sherborne, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't be put off ”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Went here on our way to Exeter, have been 2 or 3 times before and enjoyed the experience. Looks good, proper American feel inside. Foods good for the price, don't expect top of the range steaks etc but good value for money and somewhere different to anywhere else around here. I would recommend booking to avoid disappointment as they are usually busy.

Honiton
“Never Again”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I took the grandchildren to Route 303 on Saturday. this is the fourth time we have visited and each time, the standard of service has got worse. on this occasion, we entered the restaurant at around 5.20PM close behind another customer. We were left waiting in the entrance area for about 10 minutes whilst the staff looked busy doing nothing. Eventually, a table was cleared and we sat down. Another 10 minutes passed before we were asked if we would like any drinks, at this stage I also ordered some Nacho's to share as a starter and our main courses of steak and two kids egg, chips and beans. the nacho's arrived, were eaten, the plate cleared and then nothing! at around 6.45PM I went and interrupted three members of staff, who, again were spending time looking busy. One of the waitresses went to find out what had happened and said that whoever had cleared the table, forgot to inform the chef! At 7PM our food arrived!
If this restaurant claims to be an "American Diner", perhaps they would benefit from going to the States and experiencing the high level of service that you get even in the most basic of Diners.
Route 303, you really do need someone in charge of the waiting staff who has the ability to control them. Great idea, extremely badly executed. We will never go again even though we live less than 5 minutes away.

5 Thank Paul S
uk
“Visit with 10 friends and family birthday celebrations”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I think some of the previous reviews have been very unfair. We visited there on a Saturday for my ****** birthday celebration with friends and our teenage children. They had put balloons on the table and decorated it. One waitress in particular who had red hair( sorry) was fantastic! Bubbly and attentive. I had a large glass of Pinot on the house for my birthday and cringeworthy for myself she did sing happy birthday. Half of our party turned up an hour late but this was not a problem with the staff and chef. The atmosphere was buzzing as the place was full. You get what you pay for and this is a very reasonably priced restaurant. One negative is that the portions were to big for me but the rest of the group loved it.