“I liked it”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: ex14 9nd postcode
“I liked it”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Being quite local I decided to take a trip up route 303 despite the snow! I found it to be well laid out with a nice American diner theme, varied menu with plenty to chose from and not over priced, they had a great kids menu too,. The staff were excellent, waitress very helpful, polite and on the ball.
Toilets were clean and fresh as was the whole place. I don't understand the negative reviews, basically this is a themed little chef so you really can't expect Michelin star quality!!! The food I had was nice, hot and adequate portions. The coffee was hot ,fresh and in a decent size mug and my sons milkshake came with cream on top and wasnt a disapointment.
I saw quite a few customers that obviously use this a lot even in terrible weather so it speaks for itself really doesn't it? It's really quite a nice little diner

3 Thank southwestsampler

“Great food & atmosphere”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Having just moved back from Kentucky after 4 years, I found this little gem while on the way to Devon.

Very authentic diner (apart from the fact they have carpet on the floor!), Food is excellent and very reasonable and you can wash it down with a Bud if you're not driving ;)

Would like to see hot dogs on the menu!

They also have a fast, free wifi connection. Try this place - it's worth a trip on it's own!

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Dadstheman
Exeter, United Kingdom
“great fun for children and adults.”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Hi all, heard about this place from a foodie friend. went with group which included 2 toddlers and small child.
staff were extremely friendly and made a big fuss of the children.
very helpful and attentive throughout.
food was ok but too plentiful, think we over ordered as portions were big and too much for us. very reasonably priced.
would go again and will book for kiddies parties as better venue and food than chain takeaways.
looking forward to summer evening here with a few friends, some bottled beer and ribs n wings.
Triffic !!!!

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank anthony c
Motcombe, United Kingdom
“A waste of time!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Oh dear what a complete shambles this place is! We stopped for a "quick" bite to eat on our way to Cornwall at the end of 2012 and really wished we hadn't bothered. The place was fairly busy but not manic by any means and there were plenty of staff so we thought it would be a quick option to order a burger. The waitress came to take our order reasonably quickly and drinks arrived after about ten minutes. We then waited and waited , still no food after half an hour, by which time the place had emptied quite a bit too.
We waited a whole hour by which time we were both getting extremely stressed so I went over to the food area and told the waitress we had waited an hour and she said our food was just coming. Well yes the food did appear, but my goodness how anyone could make such a mess of such a simple meal I don't know.....soggy chips, soggy burger yuk, you get the picture!!!
We complained when we went to pay and in fairness something was knocked off the bill. The person who took the money apologised and said that they had two of the worst chefs on that day......what shoddy management could employ chefs who cant even keep up in a moderately busy burger joint?
Needless to say we will not be going back.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank TinaDyer
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“A nice venue to eat.”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I am normally sceptical of themed restaurants so reluctantly stopped of here with the kids. We had to wait a few minutes to be seated. Food arrived quickly after ordering, portion sizes were more than adequate (even the children's options) and prices were very good. Nothing to fault it, well worth to cost. Staff were friendly and polite, there was a good atmosphere, and some good sounds from the stereo.

4 Thank moonrakermark