“Made a nice Change”

Route 303
Ranked #42 of 76 Restaurants in Honiton
Cuisines: American, Diner, Central American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: ex14 9nd postcode
Guingamp, France
“Made a nice Change”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

We visited as we just wanted something different, the food was good not gourmet but what would anybody expect. The staff were attentive and friendly, service was quick (although there weren't too many in). Nachos could have had more salsa, sour cream and some guacamole to moisten them up a bit. Burger was lovely, so was chicken. Music a little too loud!

We shall go again!

3 Thank Lynsey58

Somerton, United Kingdom
“Siegfried Heyns”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

We have now been to this restaurant twice and we have found:
The food great
The staff very fiendly, very helpful and with a sense of humour!
The surroundings exactly what we wanted and the atmosphere very relaxed
The music great.

3 Thank Siegfried H
Southampton
“Ok on the day”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

My family and I have been up and down the A303 more times than I would like to remember and we had been in the previous restaurant (if you can call it that, more greasy spoon) the Norcott Chef which was dire. So you could imagine my pleasure when I saw it had changed into an American style Diner. So we risked it. I had the Americano Coffee and breakfast and my wife a Latte and the East cost breakfast. My Americano coffee came in a double espresso cup (Americano is supposed to be the tall dark drink) but things looked up when the breakfast arrived. The Americano breakfast is pancakes, bacon, sausages and eggs all topped off with maple syrup. Now I have eaten this in Florida years ago and there was no comparison. The pancakes were rubbery, the sausages were obviously deep fat fried and low quality and the bacon over cooked. However I was starving so eat the lot. My wife was expecting a breakfast much smaller than it was so no complaints on quantity, just need to improve on the quality and service. Oh Indie the dog enjoyed the wifes spare uneaten sausage when we got back to the car.

5 Thank Markerbouy
London, England, United Kingdom
“Keep on Driving”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

My family and I are regular holiday makers in the area and we were pleasantly surpised to see this American style diner on the way down this autumn. My sons love watching Man V Food and were very excited at the prospect of eating in a realistic "roadhouse"

Unfortunately, this place offered nothing like an authenic diner experience. Service was chaotic and the staff were downright rude. The food however was even worse. Both my wife and eldest son ordered burgers. What they were served was undercooked cheap burger patties, frozen oven chips and a salad that looked like it had seen better days when Clinton was president. I ordered chicken which was described on the menu as being a fruity taste of the South. What it actually was was some overcooked chicken breast in what I am convinced was Uncle Ben's sauce.

I doubt anyone ever makes the mistake of visiting this place more than once and I will be very surprised if it is still open next year. AVOID!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank King375
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Good seervice here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Only called here on my way back from London for a coffee and snack, but very well looked after by the staff. Everything is clean and the staff welcoming.
The toasted tea cake was large and very tasty and a nice coffee, reasonable prices too.

• Visited October 2012