We stayed for two nights in the last week in May for my wife's birthday. It is a lovely hotel, well managed with attention to detail. We received a warm welcome on arrival and shown to our room on the top floor. The room was very pleasant with an extremely comfortable bed. The en suite was tiled throughout with underfloor heating which was a nice added touch.
The food, both breakfast and dinner, was to a very high standard (compliments to Richard - Patron and Chef) and represented extremely good value for money. The hotel is run also to a very high standard and although slightly off the beaten track, is only a short drive away from the main coastal towns in the area.
The stay was totally relaxing
Would we go back again? You bet your life we would and have no hesitation in recommending it to all our family and friends.
Thanks for a lovely stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A former rectory, this eight bedroom boutique hotel and restaurant,nestling on the sunny side of the river Erme valley, now provides a luxurious blend of rural hospitality and stylish sophistication with a strong emphasis on food. Log fires in the winter, breakfast on the terrace in the summer, yummy new bathrooms. Innovative, classical cooking from the highly experienced chef/patron. Fabulous beaches, Dartmoor, Plymouth, Totnes, Dartmouth, Eden project all close at hand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Plantation House Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Hotel Ermington
- Plantation House Hotel And Restaurant Devon/Ermington, England