We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Padstow
Dennis Cove Campsite
Reviewed September 4, 2011

This was our 2nd trip to Dennis Cove as we had previously camped there at the same time last year. We arrived without booking and was able to secure an overnight pitch in the top field which does have fabulous views over Padstow. Plenty of room for our tent and extension and no issues with noisy neighbours. A little pricey in comparison to other sites (£19.50) but due to the location found it reasonable. Also 40p for a shower that was clean and hot didn't cause any problems for us :-) Excellent location for the camel trail and for Padstow. We cycled to Camel Valley Vineyard and would recommend this if the weather is good - didn't feel like England at all.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 22, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at this campsite last weekend for a couple of nights. The booking and communication before getting there was good, and it was nice and easy to find. The pitch we had was a good size, especially since we only had a 2 man tent, small in comparison to the mansions next to us. The facilities were Ok, all clean and tidy, only 2 showers (40p per 5mins) for the men and the same for the women, but only had to wait 1 morning so no problems there, not the best showers in the world but were fine. Like I mentioned the pitches were good, the only slight criticism would be that they should look to place like for like campers together eg. families in one area, couples/others in separate area. We did find ourselves getting woken up early by children, running around in the morning.

The only other slight criticism is one of the pictures shows views from the tents over the sea, that wasn’t the case for us or any of the pitches that we could see, but maybe there was other areas that we couldn’t see.

Overall would stay there again and recommend, however if going there with a large caravan or motorhome be aware of the road leading to the camp site is a long single track with limited passing points, and would be a nightmare if you had to try and reverse back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kingdt
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We've just returned from our second visit to this site. It is a lovely site - really clean, friendly staff and well kept. The absolute selling point is the location -it is literally a two min walk on to the Camel Trail and 5-7 mins to the centre of Padstow. There is no traffic noise, the toilet and shower block is clean and well kept and there is an office open in the morning and afternoon. It's not a huge site and has a separate field for motorhomes and electric, pitches are clearly labelled and well-spaced.

The down side is you do pay for this quality. A 2 night stay for two adults and a dog (no electric) was nearly £40 mid-week early June (not half term) and you then have to pay 40p per shower on top.. I don't mind paying for showers but it does seem an extra expense for a high cost site. You also have to pay a deposit in advance (£25).

We've enjoyed this site so much we've been back so the cost is not a barrier but something to be aware of.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We wanted a short stay somewhere for our wedding anniversary and thought it would be fun to camp. Found Dennis Cove online and having cycled the Camel trail often, knew roughly where it was. We had a very large pitch for our tent and the shower block and toilets etc were very clean although quite basic. People have commented on paying 40p for a shower, but hey ho, i thought it was reasonable. There is a chemical disposal point, sinks etc for washing utensils, and a free hot water point. There are also two drinking water taps and the bottom of the field. The site itself isn't too big and the location is just great. I timed our walk back from Padstow, and a brisk walk is exactly ten minutes. A torch would be useful if it's dark as you have to walk around a small lake and the path isn't that wide at one point. Padstow itself was very busy so if you want to eat in a good restaraunt book well ahead. We cycled to Wadebridge from the campsite (5 miles) had a nice lunch etc. The trail is flat and the views unparalled. I timed our return and we did it in about 45mins (we did have a few beers in the pub beforehand so that might have slowed us down!!) Tesco's is right at the top of the ascent to the campsite so you can purchase all your provisions there. One word of warning the lane going downhill to the campsite is quite narrow so if you have a caravan/mobile home beware, there weren't many passing places.

We really enjoyed Dennis Cove and will return.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank berniev
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this campsite in mid-September 2010 for a long weekend away. We loved the site with its large pitches, and great views of the Camel Estuary. Best of all is its easy location into Padstow - about a 10/15 minute walk along the Camel Trail. The campsite owner could not be more accomodating. We'd come slightly unprepared without any charcoal for a bbq, so he gave us some of his own free of charge. The showers compared to some of the other sites I've stayed on were great. I would recommend cycling along the Camel Trail to the vineyard which was a really lovely day out. All in all- a great place for a camping trip.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Just returned from a 3 Night stay over the bank holiday weekend with some friends and children. Spotlessly clean site even the pitches as well as showers and toilets. We tried to book an extra night as didnt want to leave but our pitch was already booked out which having stayed there we can see why. A lovely 15 minute walk into the centre of Padstow but you need a torch if returning after dark as my husband found out when he fell down the steps by the lake returning to camp on our first evening not equiped with torches! Our only problem was tring to keep our excitable children quiet after dark as havin 2 nine and 2 twelve yrs olds in our group they wernt wantin to go to bed early. All in all a lovely site and we will definatly be returning next yr.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Ok, so maybe I should start by saying that I do not really like camping, but I can cope with it for a couple of nights, possibly 3 at the most!
So, Dennis Cove Camping - it's an ideal location for Padstow (which I love!), it is only a 10 minute walk (and an easy 10 minutes too - no huffing and puffing up giant hills!). It is pretty much directly on the edge on the Camel Trail, which goes from Padstow to Bodmin.
The camping - the pitch we had was massive!! We booked it only a few days before we got there - it was a cancellation, which is only reason we got it last minute, so, I don't know whether we would have been allocated a pitch that big with our little 3 man tent! The other pitches seemed to be of a generous size though.
The site looks well maintained, and it is mainly used by families.
The facilities - now, as I don't 'do' camping, we don't use the washing up facilities or the laundry room, so I can't comment on that. But I did use the toilets and the showers. Now, I feel that this was somewhat of a disappointment. It basically feels like a cow shed that has been given a lick of white paint. The toilet cubicles are quite small, and the walls are not overly high (I'd guess they are about 5ft8 high), which doesn't exactly give you the feeling of privacy when you want it! The showers are fine, don't expect a power shower, and the token machine (40p for 5 minutes) is outside the cubicle! So, you have to get ready for the shower (ie. get undressed and wrap a towel around you), then pop out of the cubicle to put your token in! I found this a bit odd!! There were only 2 showers in the female block, and I think 3 separate showers outside, and a family shower.
The thing I found slightly strange was, that nothing opened (the reception, or the Bap Shack) opened until 9am, and when camping, I always find that you are up and awake a lot earlier than normal! So you need to be organised and buy your shower tokens the night before!! (you can buy them in bulk if you want to!)
There is a Tesco's up the road, so we went there to get our breakfast sorted!
Our pitch was fairly close to the toilet block, which was good, as some of the pitches were quite a long way from it, and if you needed the loo in the night, you would have to run!!!
So - a great location, but I feel that they are playing this to their advantage more than the actual camp site standing out. Saying that, I would most likely go there again, because I like Padstow!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple