My review is only for the food. Didnt stay overnight so cannot comment on rooms.
After being turned away from Rojanos, my partner and i headed back to the custom house for a meal, as we'd just had a drink there and was impressed with the menu..they had a specials menu which was sold very well.
We found a table no problem and the pub itself is quite inviting. I chose the mussels and cheesy chips and my partner had the hot and spicy pizza which was recommended by the waiter off the special pizza menu. The mussels were i am sure the type you get from the supermarket and not in a homemade garlic cream sauce. The pizza had no chilli, pepper or spice at all which was very disappointing.
My advice...go to the ship if you want really good homecooked pub food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling within sight of the open sea at the mouth of the tranquil Camel Estuary, Padstow, in Cornwall, has always been a thriving fishing port and commercial centre for north Cornwall. At the heart of the town and overlooking the medieval harbour is the Old Custom House, now a stylish and intimate place to stay. Standing on the quayside, the Old Custom House is still one of the finest buildings in the town. Today it is famous for its fine food, award winning ales, elegant, intimate accommodation and for its luxurious Beauty Studio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, LateRooms, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Old Custom House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Custom House Hotel Padstow
- Old Custom House Padstow
- Old Custom House Inn Padstow, Cornwall